B1900 to KingAir 350

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Obi-Wan

Is there a differences course or can you convert a B1900 type to a 350 type?

I used to fly the 1900. For a while I think the FAA considered them the same type, but have since changed their minds.

They are definitely separate types, however, if you got your 1900 type before a specific date (which I am not 100% sure of) I believe that it may be transferrable between the 2 types. The difference in systems, I am told, is neglegible.

SK :cool:

"dual type rating"

I guess a while back, the FAA would issue you the 1900 rating... and then "GIVE" you the 350 type at the same time.....

pretty cool deal! not sure what "date" they stopped doing this... but my Dir Ops cashed in on the "two for one" deal while it was in practice.

-anyone know the real reason why they are separate ratings now?

-sounds like a "differences" course would cover any minor changes in the two aircraft... like the 757/767 type... or 737 various differences....

cheers...

Jackson

Heh.. I'm wonder when are they gonna make 737-200 and 737NG be separate types. There seems to be way more differences there than in King Air/1900.

The date when the types were separated is sometime in 1991, when the 1900D came out. The thinking is; the 300-350 are very similar, and the 1900 was only slightly different. Then the 1900D was just a little more distanced from the rest. Suddenly, they figured that it was too much of a difference from the 300 to the 1900D.

This what I was told at FSI. However, I like flit4xx's explanation better because: IT'S ALL A BIG CONSPIRACY!!!

Latest resources

Back