B-744F vs. B-777F...?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NERVOUS

What can the B-777F "do", that appears to make it a better option to the Whale?

Just curious as to the "real-time" specs. from those flying these two types of freighters, as to how they compare to each other.

Load vs. Distance vs. cost etc....

Discuss...

What appears to you that is better?

Better at what?

If you notice, Southern isn't racing to add more 777's, they are working hard on the -400 though.

You definitely look cooler in the whale than the giant 737 look a like, and when you lose a motor, you dont declare an emergency.

From what I have been reading, the B777F can do what the B747-200 can do with a lot less gas. But the B747-400F still cannot be replaced by the B777F unless maybe they turn a B777-300 into a cargo bird.

Better at what?

If you notice, Southern isn't racing to add more 777's, they are working hard on the -400 though.

Good point!

I guess I was just sittin' here thinking, well with all these shiny new 777F's you now see out and about, what that might spell for those of us flying "ancient" 400's at this lil ol' ACMI airline I know of.

Better at what?

Wrong!

here is a quote from our CEO's Email sent out this week:::::

"We developed our long term strategy and I am pleased to say that this growth strategy was fully endorsed by Oak Hill. Our intent is to grow the 777F fleet to 10 aircrafts (contrary to all the rumors out there, Oak Hill is fully behind our 777F’s!!), we are in the process, as I type this, of acquiring the first of our 10x747-400’s, the first of which will be delivered in 2011"

Latest resources

Back