AWAC Latest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Titan5

Talked to the folks in the pilot hiring department this week and got some news on newhires at AWAC. Apparently the next new hire class won't be until January (maybe). They said they would be calling everyone who is in the hiring pool during the week of Dec. 20th with more information.

The reason for the delayed classes was said to be the holidays and the Do-328 realignment bid. The people I talked with didn't have much more information except that they were to continue hiring pilots, just not assigning class dates.

Anyone else who has more info feel free to add something...

More Fuel

Just heard that the President has stated AWAC is having legal troubles breaking the Dornier leasing contracts and they might not be leaving as anticipated. Anyone else hear anything about this??

Are they still interviewing? Had a friend walk a resume in for me a couple weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet.:mad:

I sent in a friends resume about three weeks ago and he just got called in for an interview on the 10th of Dec. He is at COEX now and hs 2500 total with two years of 121. So they are still interviewing. Good luck to all.

Dairy Air

Re: More Fuel

v??riginally posted by Titan5 [/i]
Just heard that the President has stated AWAC is having legal troubles breaking the Dornier leasing contracts and they might not be leaving as anticipated. Anyone else hear anything about this?? [/QUOTE]

We have been released from most of the leases by the courts in Germany. Company is trying to sort everything out withh all those concerned with the 328's. They are getting too expensive to operate.

Everything should be sorted in the next few weeks and company are just trying to have things in place now rather than a last minute rush in planning, displacements etc.

The bankruptcy courts have released
Air Wisconsin from there contract with
the 328's. With that said, your looking
at roughly 90 pilots displaced, while there
is no hiring anticipated for the remainder
of this year, they continue to interview.
And from what I understand, a new hire class
is planned in January of 2003. With the 328's
going away, it sounds like it'll be June to July
before all pilots have been displaced from the

Jetsnake

Update

Just got a update on the current status of those of us in the pool. Told to probably be looking at a class date in Feb, possibly March due to all the 328 retraining. They will update us again on the 3rd week of Dec. Currently there is about 25 in the pool which they will limit to about 40. If you have not been called for an interview (they have dates scheduled for Dec already but are booked), don't expect to be until they start taking people out of the pool. Things are always subject to change and was told things might speed up if they are able to buy additional airplanes sooner than planned. I know this probably isn't good news to those that are trying to get on.......I know I'm pretty anxious to start myself, but I believe it will be worth the wait and the growth is still going to take place it's just us newbies are needed later rather than sooner. Keep your hopes up and best of luck to all. - A.D.

AWAC update

I've heard the same thing regarding calls for a Feb/March class from a friend of mine. He got the update call today about Feb/Mar. He was hired during the second week of Nov and I think is about 16 or 17 in the pool.

I'm still hoping the January class goes. I was hired in October and was told I was one of the first in the pool. I've heard rumors there is supposed to be a January class. I wonder if they will split the 25 that are currently in the pool with 13 in January and the rest in Feb/Mar. Anyone else in the same boat or have any more details?

Just talked to Kristy on Monday and set an interview for December 10th. She said it would be for a class date possibly in March. We'll see.

Latest resources

Back