• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AWAC info??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For the question regarding block or better....

On the interview AWAC told us this:

You get the highest of the five

1. Block (or better)
2. Actual hours flown
3. For every 2 hours duty 1 hour of flight pay. (ex. 12 hour duty day ='s 6 hours flight pay).
4. For every 4 hours overnight 1 hour flight pay. (ex. 16 hour overnight ='s 4 hour flight pay.
5. 3-hour min day.

Per diem starts as soon as you check into domicile and runs 24 hours while you are working.

Please tell me if I have this wrong, this is how I understood it. Sounds very fair to me.

See everyone on the 23rd!

Does anyone know if new hires can get DCA?

Thanks

Mr Biggelsworth said:
Hey AWAC guys, couple of quest:
1. What's the average length of time that it takes to hold a line in each of the bases??
2. Ten year contract with US Air, right?
3. Do you guys get block or better?
4. With UA being phased out soon, June I thought, does that mean an overstaffed pilot group or are you repainting all the UA CRJ's and putting them on US air's ticket??

Thanks for the insight....

Time to hold a line varies....I'm finishing up OE and have already been awarded a line for March in ORF....however...the guys in my class (Oct 10th) that picked PHL have a ways to go before they get a line (don't know the exact time).....DCA seems to be in the middle......we are definitely NOT overstaffed....exact opposite.....due to the high level of attrition because of the move to US Air, we need all the help we can get right now....upgrade times are quoted around 2.5-3 years right now.....we also appearantly have a large group retiring next year so that will help things out as well

The trip rig is 1 hour for every 4 hours of time away from base. It has nothing to do with your overnights. We also get the greater of on a leg by leg basis. That means if you underblock every leg of the day and then overblock the last leg by one minute, you get one minute extra flight pay. It adds up to about 20% extra pay over your scheduled hourly rate. I FAR blocked 95:53 last month and got paid for 132:12. That's due to some 1.5x pay but mostly the rigs.

AWACoff said:
The trip rig is 1 hour for every 4 hours of time away from base. It has nothing to do with your overnights. We also get the greater of on a leg by leg basis. That means if you underblock every leg of the day and then overblock the last leg by one minute, you get one minute extra flight pay. It adds up to about 20% extra pay over your scheduled hourly rate. I FAR blocked 95:53 last month and got paid for 132:12. That's due to some 1.5x pay but mostly the rigs.

you're working too hard brotha... just say no to those JM's!
AP

masedogg19 said:
Time to hold a line varies....I'm finishing up OE and have already been awarded a line for March in ORF....however...the guys in my class (Oct 10th)
WTF over !?! I came off OE in Nov. and also was 'awarded' (although technically it's not staffed, just yet, wait for those 6 new spots for someone more senior to me to come in and push me down!!) a line in March as well. I guess the only good thing about being on reseve here is I constantly go above the 75 hrs...as lines have only 12 days off as well anyway...

Classes before us were on reserve a year or so I hear, so I guess I can't complain :).

~wheelsup

Latest resources

Back