Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SWA/FO

5 Star Senior Member
Just to let my fellow aviators know. AMERICA WEST is NOT on CASS.

I know this because the airplane I was trying to catch left the gate totally full except for the jumpseat(s). Another night in the hotel. Also in my opinion the gate agent was (is) an ass.

AWA and CASS

I talked to an assistant chief pilot yesterday and he said it should be up and running in about 3 months for AWA. Believe me I wish it were sooner I spent an extra 2 hours in Seattle because we don't have it. The Horizon gate agent however was very nice. As is just about every Horizon agent.

I don't remember anyone ever saying AWA was on CASS yet. You're the one who decided to commute so don't come on here whining about not being able to get home during the busiest travel season of the year . And I bet you would have thought that gate agent was the nicest person you ever met if you had made the flight............

Saabslime said:
I don't remember anyone ever saying AWA was on CASS yet. You're the one who decided to commute so don't come on here whining about not being able to get home during the busiest travel season of the year .

I don't think you work for HP. HP guys are cool.

Also in my opinion the gate agent was (is) an ass

That seems to be the trend at AWA - sorry.............

SWA/FO:

Sorry you didn't know, but it's been a topic here regularly that CASS is only in the works at AWA.

I know...our FOM says they are not..but I thought I saw it listed here on flightinfo.com...(so I thought, I just went back and re-read it, wrong). I figured that I would have gotten on regardless of CASS, since we have a multi-jumpseat with em. Not ment to be.

About their gate agent... I knew that I would be running for the flight, so I listed on their non-rev line (like someone mentioned before...the last time I did this) to save time for them, you know entering me into the computer etc...

I get to the gate with :12 minutes to go, and this "non-rev" listing reservation I made creates total confusion. They (another gate agent shows up about this time) ask me "why, I made the reservation and where is my ticket and I need to go down to the SWA ticket counter and get a ticket or their ticket counter, you can't make a non-rev listing for the jumpseat! I can't believe they made this reservation for you without a ticket" etc....

This all takes about 5 minutes. I said "I thought I was doing you guys a favor by having my information in the system - I'm sorry to have confused you guys, I just want to sign up for the jumpseat. Then I get the whole "all you have to do to sign up for the jumpseat is to come to the counter, don't ever list yourself" etc... This takes another 3-5 minutes.

The one gate agent gives me a jumpseat pass and I start filling it out fast, knowing that I'll have something like 3-5 minutes to meet the Capt. & FO and store bags/find a seat. The other gate agent starts typing on the computer and says "don't bother"..... So I start thinking that he is working some majic on the computer and does not need me to fill out the form. I hand him my ID thinking that I am helping him enter my name and info. into the computer. Then he mumbles again "don't bother"....the other gate agent (must undersatnd this a$$) asks we have a seat for him, right? Then this a$$ finally says...we are full.... to her. Never in my 12 minutes there does he say we are full to me...he spends all that time ripping me for making a non-rev listing when he knew I was not getting on the flight. That my friends is an a$$. He personally is an a$$..... I have met many people and have lots of friends at AWA that are top notch.

By the way a NWA pilot got on (the only non-rev). A paying passenger ran up at the end of my ordel.

These gate agents let that paying passenger miss the flight, telling him the flight was closed while it was still at the gate with 5 minutes to go. He was begging them to let him on...and they said "sorry....flgihts closed" That was the last flight of the night. Nice...

SWA /FO:

I know that most of our gate agents are a-holes (for that I apologize). I commute and AWA gate agents treat me with the same disrespect as you received. I am also aware that we don't have CASS yet. Please don't hold this against the AWA pilots. Remember, AWA was giving multi-jumpseats to SWA pilots (and others) long before SWA could reciprocate.

Cactus

P.S. Don't list yourself. All it will do is confuse those boneheads. Fill out a jumpseat form only. Then all those idiots have to do is get the Capt. to sign it (no computer entries required). Good luck.

Last edited:
The times I used AWA for jumpseating the crews were great, but my favorite was the Captain with the train whistle, the pax loved him.

Latest resources

Back