avoid airline career

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

comrcap

If you're stupid enough to take student loans or spend 100 g's for your ratings on top of a degree for this industry, then NO BITCHING ALLOWED! First year at Comair....18,000
2nd....22500
5th 35000

Heck of a return on invewstment huh!
Get a PhD.

IF YOU DON"T LIKE IT GET OUT! You knew how much you would get paid getting into it, so go make somebody else miserable. I don't know, maybe I come from a blue collar family, and I realize that now the airlines are blue collar so it doesn't bother me. Yes I would have just as much fun driving a truck, and there is not much difference. I feel like I work hard and provide for my family, and that is satisfaction enough for me, I don't give a S*** about return on investment. Invest in your family and your friends, thats where the happiness comes from.

TNHillbilly said:
I don't know, maybe I come from a blue collar family, and I realize that now the airlines are blue collar so it doesn't bother me. Yes I would have just as much fun driving a truck, and there is not much difference.

And there folks is the problem. :bomb:

Don't look at me. I don't have those big loans. Pay as you go type here. Yes, it took me longer but I don't have the debt problem some people have. Not pointing any fingers just a difference in personal philosophy. I'm a cheap &*$@^!. Fill your own experlative in. There are better paying jobs out there with varrying QOL's. Right place-right time rules those opportunities. To sum up, best wishes to all and don't let the BS get you down.

comrcap said:
If you're stupid enough to take student loans or spend 100 g's for your ratings on top of a degree for this industry, then NO BITCHING ALLOWED! First year at Comair....18,000
2nd....22500
5th 35000

Heck of a return on invewstment huh!
Get a PhD.

perhaps this thread should be renamed "avoid an airline career at comair." not all regionals are that bad pay-wise. they all have their weaknesses and strengths. regardless of how you see the industry, good luck at comair.

Consider an airline that has fast upgrades if money is a concern. Also consider that we are at the regional level, a return on investment at a "regional level" is too high of an expectation these days.

difete said:
Consider an airline that has fast upgrades if money is a concern. Also consider that we are at the regional level, a return on investment at a "regional level" is too high of an expectation these days.

That's why you have to wait till you get on with a major to get your return. And then, what a return it is! It's a realization of our dreams!

TabExpressF/O said:
That's why you have to wait till you get on with a major to get your return. And then, what a return it is! It's a realization of our dreams!
W O W . . . I don't even know where to begin. . .

How about not going to Riddle,FIT, or any other high price aviation college for a 100 grand degree in nothing then the 50 grand for the ratings.

Latest resources

Back