• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Average hours flown a year in the fractionals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hear some fleets at Netjets work a lot harder than others (e.g., the Excel and X fleets work much harder than the Beechjet and BBJ fleets). This is partially because the Excel and X are some of the most popular aircraft among fractional owners and there are huge numbers of those aircraft flying - something like 60-70 Citation Xs in the fleet I believe. Therefore, hours could vary by fleet type...

Last edited:
1999----289.7---year I was hired
2000----371.3
2001----365.4
2002----343.0
2003----396.9
2004----352.8--switched plane mid year and didn't fly for 2 months
2005----538.6

Started in the Ultra and switched to the XL. More work but you have to love that APU!!!!!!

I have a feeling 2006 will exceed 600 hours.....its now worth it to work extended days and holidays.

The Ultra has an APU.

I have been here the same years with only one year below 500. Two 700+ hr years and busted 100hrs in a month twice in the ultra.

The big factor besides fleet is gateway and schedule. While on the 7/7 out of CMH or DAL and matched up with someone all 7 days. No airlining since you pick up a plane early mornig first day and fly all 7 days with late arrival to gateway on last day.

You can log 15 to 20% more flight time than people at other gateways on the same schedule.

Agreed....that's why the Company wanted to go to the 5 Domicile system. Having pilots report to only 5 locations means that the scheduling department can cover up their screwups. With the HBA system in place the Schedules actually have to PLAN ahaed. A new concept to them.

Scheduling is the weakest part of this company and until the scheduling department is "reorganized" nothing will change.....Well, maybe there might be a few new holes punched in the wall......I wonder how many times THAT card is going to be played?

I've been on the Ultra for 8 months now and have around 330 hours so I'm averaging a little over 40 hours per month. Seem to be doing more flying since the holidays are over, I probably did 20 hours just on my last 7 day trip. Of course we had the same Ultra the whole time and it never broke (major miracle).

AirBear

I spoke with one of your guys flying the X recently and, although he absolutely loved the X, he claimed that he was overworked. From my conversation with him, sounds like he did get some great variety though - KBFI, KTRM, KRIL and Marathon, FL in just 2-3 days. I guess that's the downside to great speed/range capabilities - you have to use them...

gunfyter said:
The Ultra has an APU.

Hmm I must have missed that part at FSI last month. They neglected to mention it. I'm going to go check my systems manual hang on. Nope not there either. From this I must deduce that in fact the Ultra does not have an APU. Darn you got my hope up for a minute there.

Latest resources

Back