• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Avantair pay cut vacay elimination

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Humiliation? I am proud to work "at will." And I expect my employer to employ me "at will." If I don't like them I can leave "at will." If my employer doesn't like me, they can fire me "at will." Sounds like a fair exchange to me. I work for whomever I want and they employ whomever they want.
Union organizing during a perilous time for a company, especially during a protracted flat economy, doesn't take "stones" but rather "cluelessness", it seems to me. Sounds like a good way to lose one's job.

Don't you work for NetJets.:erm: Unless the just cause provision somehow disappeared from your contract, you aren't at-will.

I don’t know partner…I’ve never met anybody that feels humiliated working “at-will”…people who are worth their salt wouldn’t have it any other way. Most are pretty proud of themselves and the success they’ve achieved in life…they value their independence. This gung ho attitude is what America is all about...men who have hearts of oak and dicks of steel and make it on their own

Since you and I are now using the familiar diminutive form of address...

Are we talking about pilots here sport, or lumberjacks?

Since you and I are now using the familiar diminutive form of address...

Are we talking about pilots here sport, or lumberjacks?

Too tired tonight to deal with you. Will respond sometime this weekend.

This will give you time to change from the pink panties to the purple

Don't you work for NetJets.:erm: Unless the just cause provision somehow disappeared from your contract, you aren't at-will.

I fly for NJA, and was forced to join the union. I prefer the "at will' relationship I described earlier. I must say, to avoid provoking the Crazies, the union here is pretty reasonable, as unions go. Not as bad as I had feared, now that Luthi is gone.

I am truly sorry that this happened to you Avantair folks. You all seemed fairly happy for a long time, and I guess in this industry that is a pretty good run. Here's hoping things eventually improve.

With the stock at that price it would be an easy takeover target for some investor. Even if it would mean dismantling the company, only thing is, I dont know what they actually own. Do they have equity in any of the airplanes or are they just acting as a management company?

Look closer at their financial report. No investor would touch them unless they went into bankruptcy first. Check out some of the loan terms, double digit interest rates..... No investor wants to inherit all that balance sheet liability.

Also, if the frax owners sense trouble, there may be a rush for the exits. No one wants to be the last to do so.

Funny, I wish all pay cuts worked this way.

http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/news/2012/08/31/avantairs-santo-wagman-agree-to-pay.html

Aug 31st
Steven Santo, CEO, agreed to reduce his annual base salary by 15 percent, from $525,000 to $450,000, and Stephen Wagman, who was appointed president of the company earlier this month, agreed to reduce his salary by 6 percent, from $375,000 to $352,000.

------

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/it?s=AAIR+Insider+Transactions

Sep 6, 2012 SANTO STEVE Officer, 150,000 Direct Acquisition (Non Open Market) at $0 per share

Sep 6, 2012 WAGMAN STEPHEN MARK Officer, 150,000, Direct Acquisition (Non Open Market) at $0 per share.

------

so....
150,000 x .55 per share on Sept 7th = $82,500

Last edited:
Too tired tonight to deal with you. Will respond sometime this weekend.

This will give you time to change from the pink panties to the purple

So you've been thinking about my panties? I think I just felt my dic move a little.

While your feeling naughty, can I get another scolding ;)

Latest resources

Back