Avantair looking for a buyer?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Webslinger

Not to Flamebait...heard from many on the road that Avantair is looking at Flexjet and or Netjets to bid on Avantair and combine certificates or to add Avantair to a fractional and have a "turboprop" division for Flex or NJA for "entry-customers". Sounds like the Ponzi scheme is slowly collapsing. Great article in Januarys BCA about the future of Fractionals. I do think there will always be a market for Fractional but I believe all the fractionals will either downsize, merge or reduce their fleets as needed. Take a look at how EJM is recieving more ex-Netjets customers and now manage their aircraft instead of the hi cost of Fractional....Look at Jet Solutions LLC aka FlexJet Managed aircraft doing the same thing with their Ex-fractional aircraft now being fully owned and "managed" then Chartered for the tax write off and extra money for the owner and Managed Company. Times are a changing and if you dont pay attention you will be left in the dust. Just my $.02 cents worth. But what the heck do I know...Im JABD (Just Another Bus Driver) like the rest of us trying to make a living and have some sense of job security.

Can't comment on the rumor. It's been around for some time now that Flexjet is interested in buying us, even heard from a Flexjet guy in the crew van that they're interested in buying us. Business is absolutely booming here; I can understand why they might want to present an offer.

I'll be looking forward to the February BCA. It's supposed to profile all of the Fracs. Maybe they're unbiased profiles will give us a better idea of what's going on.

I've heard TPG recently has been approached by several (if not all) fractionals asking to be picked up by them.

the push to ejm is to break the union, not save costs. It actually costs more to do what NJ is doing right now. If they would honor the contract they agreed to, they would save money.

weird huh

the push to ejm is to break the union, not save costs. It actually costs more to do what NJ is doing right now. If they would honor the contract they agreed to, they would save money.

weird huh

Same reason Comair provoked the pilots into a strike back in '01.. Cost Delta a billion dollars to save a few hundred thousand on a new contract with increased pay/benefits/work rules... In a nutshell they can't see their hand in front of their face

Latest resources

Back