Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AvantAir entire fleet grounded for mx Inspections?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
fugazi, I'm a 13 year CE750 pilot at NJA. Avantair is in no way a direct competitor to us, yet fills a nitch that actually provides an viable option to all current and potential fractional owners. It may even promote the faster, longer range folks like us for those who learn to like the luxury of private aircraft transportation.

If you were to employ your cognitive skills, you might notice that grounding an entire fleet and potential loss of their certificate is not conducive to continued employment. There is no humor whatsoever in this situation. Don't kick someone when they're down. Applies to all walks of life, and you just may appreciate it when you find yourself in a similar ---/::::::

Ok Capt Dick! Thanks for your cognitive prospective on my comments. I already appologized you sanctimonious prick! better yet, I'm sorry again..

Last edited:
From another forum/board (www.ainonline.com)(Disgruntled owners/card holders are chiming in):

So last Saturday I was scheduled to fly from Dallas to Las Vegas at noon. At 10:30 I was contacted and told that my flight had been cancelled, and that they would be looking at both charter and commercial flights at their expense. They "couldn’t" find a charter in time (by 2pm as I had to be back), so they put me on American Airlines. I was told my aircraft was on extended maintenance (whatever that meant, now I know).
Really thinking nothing of it, I booked a flight from LAS to Orange COunty Ca today (coming back tomorrow). I got an email at about 10:30 last night saying cancelled for the reasons stated in this email, with the same offer to find me a charter ay my expense.
I started looking at commercial flights, figuring SWA flies there and it would be inexpensive anyway. Well, pretty much all sold out.
So I took them up on their offer to find me a charter flight. When I did, I asked about why I was paying for it, and was told "Well we usually do, but this time we were instructed otherwise."
That said, they never even sent me a quote, which I got elsewhere for a king air (and a Lear 55, I am taking the King Air).
Oh, and "coincidentally" perhaps, I got an email request for some documents that they were missing from my file yesterday, which I sent over. I suspect, that they may be going over all documents now for a variety of reasons.
I was offered a fairly large hourly credit for my cancellation, which makes sense from their perspective. Cash is cash, and paying another charter company would sink cash. A flight credit has very little value unless and until we fly again.
Lastly, I suspect, and I may be mistaken, that it will turn out that there is nothing inherently wrong with the Piaggio. But that there are some management issues. In any event, they are going to be fighting an uphill battle, as each day that passes is going to cause people to want to cancel there "membership."
I know from my perspective, it was going to be close as to whether I was going to use my minimum hours this year (even after being able to roll some to next year). Now it will be impossible, since I cant even book my last few trips of the year, because I have no idea if we will be flying. Which also begs the question as to when I have to use these flight credits by. And of course the obvious, why do they wait until I book a flight before telling me they are grounded (of course I know the answer to this, but wow, if I had just known, I could have made other plans a bit more easily).
So to Don, you dont happen to live in Vegas do you? If Avantair does not make it through this we could probably partner of a cheap Piaggio.

Ok Capt Dick! Thanks for your cognitive prospective on my comments. I already appologized you sanctimonious prick! better yet, I'm sorry again..

Words from a true intellect. Your comments clearly show an inability to show any compassion, not to mention the inability to see the clear meaning of this news. Your response to those who call you out is clearly a sign of adolescent internet bravado. Credibility lost, you stoop to insults. From the mouth of Bugs Bunny, 'what a maroon'. You gotta admit, at least my insult is more polite.

PS: The quote function is really not difficult. Try harder next time.

Last edited:
I gotta a feeling a good ol fashion Netjets bashing is about to ensue because of a couple of bad posts.

Last edited:
No, none of that. Cooler heads will prevail over here, I assure you. Carry on, nothing to see here. Move along.

Good point, King Airs are work horses. The 350 is a tank, maybe not as fast as the 180, but pretty comfortable inside and made in USA. I don't ever remember an entire fleet of king airs being grounded.

Latest resources

Back