Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AvantAir entire fleet grounded for mx Inspections?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nice post you idiot! If they had any hope with the FAA you just screwed it. Way to help your brothers!
Maybe the FAA needs to hear stories like his and maybe Avantair needs to be grounded. Maybe Avantair's grounding will keep someone alive. I worked there when they first started up and I know 5 or 6 pilots that have or still do work there. I barely lasted 6 months because I felt Avantair was unsafe and had complete disregard for the FARs, maintenance procedures and safety. When I quit, they were happy to see me go because then they didn't have to explain to their pax why the pilot was refusing to fly. My friends' experiences and mine are all just like fugazi's. I've been waiting for years to read about the Avantair crash that kills everyone on board and I've always felt it was just a matter of time. Especially since many of their pilot have no problem with the company's "shortcuts" with the rules.

So while I feel sorry for the pilots being furloughed and possibly losing their jobs, I think the FAA is doing the right thing by looking closely at Avantair. Their "culture" needs to change.

Well said... The aviation industry cannot afford this type of culture!

Agreed, though I would hate to think such statements are colored ex post facto by your recent departure from AAir (where you spent five years, if I recall), whatever the circumstances. Are you prepared to state here, as a matter of record, that you weren't party to carrying writeups, etc during your tenure there?

Last edited:
Agreed, though I would hate to think such statements are colored ex post facto by your recent departure from AAir (where you spent five years, if I recall), whatever the circumstances. Are you prepared to state here, as a matter of record, that you weren't party carrying writeups, etc during your tenure there?

I had 4 emergencies seen to a successful conclusion during my 5 years at Avantair: 2 engine failures both un commanded & commanded, hydraulic pump failure, lighting strike... I MEL'ed & wrote stuff up! I care to not comment on carrying write ups at this company... In the end I enjoyed flying the P180 & flying with most of the pilots, but flying a FAR part 25 TurboJet is far more safe!

I got asked to leave because I had a First Officer film my landing with his personal iPad while I was hand flying a visual approach into Sedona, not my idea! They used it as a reason to get rid of me, oh well!

Last edited:
WOW....Some stories here. Sorry for the ordinary folks. It seems to me best solution is CEO to step down, or fired and have a fresh start. If only half of stories are true he should be arrested.

I had 4 emergencies seen to a successful conclusion during my 5 years at Avantair: 2 engine failures both un commanded & commanded, hydraulic pump failure, lighting strike... I MEL'ed & wrote stuff up! I care to not comment on carrying write ups at this company... In the end I enjoyed flying the P180 & flying with most of the pilots, but flying a FAR part 25 TurboJet is far more safe!

I got asked to leave because I had a First Officer film my landing with his personal iPad while I was hand flying a visual approach into Sedona, not my idea! They used it as a reason to get rid of me, oh well!

What the hell, did he post in on YouTube or Facebook? Had to be more to it than that when they invited you to leave...what a helluva way to move up the seniority list!

I had 4 emergencies seen to a successful conclusion during my 5 years at Avantair: 2 engine failures both un commanded & commanded, hydraulic pump failure,

Over my last 15 years, 6 airline/fractional/135 companies, 8000hrs of mostly Turbine/Jet experience.. I have yet to experience any one of these. Let alone an emergency for that matter... I'm thinking that it is a blessing you are no longer at Avant... Sounds almost like an emergency was a common occurence at that company!!:eek:

Amazing the difference between companies that don't cut corners and those that do!!! Sorry for the guys who may lose their jobs, it will get better eventually, trust me I know from experience. But when a companies selling point is offering 40% cheaper service, that money has to come from somewhere, and it ain't the fuel savings .....

Last edited:
I care to not comment on carrying write ups at this company...

Shrewd, no question. I'll just go ahead and give you the benefit-of-the-doubt that you were in fact not part of the constellation of problems there (the problems that are presently imploding AAir).

In the end I enjoyed flying the P180 & flying with most of the pilots,

The AAIR regulars to this haunt appear to wish you dead, causing we, the circumstantial audience to salivate at the thought of what story might be behind that...

Care to share?

but flying a FAR part 25 TurboJet is far more safe!

No one extant this side of insanity will deny that.

You must have had passenger witnesses to this stunt. This presents two entertaining questions that must be addressed:

1: What passenger/owner/client/etc would be d*ckheaded-enough to turn in a crew for such?

2: Were first officers totally beyond your control on a regular basis?

You must have had passenger witnesses to this stunt. This presents two entertaining questions that must be addressed:

1: What passenger/owner/client/etc would be d*ckheaded-enough to turn in a crew for such?

2: Were first officers totally beyond your control on a regular basis?

My understanding is that this genius had his F/O film a video of his engine-out Emergency landing. The F/O was not beyond his control; the F/O was DIRECTED to film the event. By "Capt. JD". Want some fodder for the Feds? There ya go...

As far as the passengers go, they wouldn't have even given the event a thought if it weren't for "Capt. JD" walking around the FBO, showing off the video to the crowd... in front of the passengers.

Last edited:
My understanding is that this genius had his F/O film a video of his engine-out Emergency landing. The F/O was not beyond his control; the F/O was DIRECTED to film the event. By "Capt. JD". Want some fodder for the Feds? There ya go...

Avantair Propaganda! One of Santo's Soldiers to the end sweaty "D" I'll post my statement letter tomorrow that Avantair requested I write...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back