Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Avantair, Alpha Flying, or Cape Air Training Contracts?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree with phr8dawg on his points on client stealing. In addition to client stealing, other reasons that an employer may add a no compete clause include trying to limit the unscrupulous bottom feeders that will use a company to get accredited training and then prior to completing the agreed upon time at the company, they will represent themselves as a trained pilot for a position at a competitor or even a client looking to get their own aircraft.

I believe that both training and non-compete contracts were created to reduce the impact of unscrupulous pilots on companies. Unfortunately, there is a small percentage of pilots that create problems for everyone. Companies try to limit their exposure to risk. A pilots pay, benefits and training costs are all factored together, the pilot that completes training only to leave within weeks or months alters the amortized cost of the training. Not all companies have unlimited funding.

I would hate to think that the reasons given by some on here are true. If they are, then the rest of the conspiracy theories of our time may be true also. The republicans want to starve our elderly and children, the capitalists want to pollute our water and air and waste every natural resource on the planet all to bring them greater wealth and our government planned the attack of Japan and 911 to motivate the people of the us to go to war to stimulate the economy.
How long have you been working in management?

Mr. I.

sticks and stones Mr. I, sticks and stones.
btw, i owned my own business before i got into aviation. It kinda gave me a different perspective on things.

Yeah, I just found that out and is why I have been keeping quite on the issue. (isn't my face red)

Even though, it still makes me mad. I don't think it's fair at all and wouldn't advise anyone to sign one. In addition I can't imagine any way on Gods green earth it could be upheld.

Geronimo, Glass... You both know how good we have it here. Irrespective of "long term" career goals, nobody in their right mind would leave Avantair before their first year is up. Why make a big deal out of something that doesn't really matter?

I'm sure it hinders recruiting. In fact I know it does. I have recommended this place to a couple of friends, but they won't come here because of the contract.

I'm sure it hinders recruiting. In fact I know it does. I have recommended this place to a couple of friends, but they won't come here because of the contract.

It's something that I just don't get. Are you having a hard time getting O/T? I don't know if it's my Sunday start day or all the FNG's we've hired. Hard to get more than one day per tour of O/T any more... That O/T pay is pretty nice......

I'm just starting thursday starts, so we shall see how that happens. We are certainly fat on FOs, but I think the OT will pick up come the end of the winter and when everyone starts taking vacations. Be careful what you wish for..... :)

Well, between my ERAU degree (earned and appreciated), and this P.O.S. that I fell for called Airline Training Academy, I owe 100K in student loan debt. I'll be an overtime whore 'till the day they plant me six feet under. It's o.k., because overtime just means more time in the cockpit of the Piaggio.

BTW, Airline Training Academy was owned/run by some pieces of $hit from the Williams family of thieves. Keep an eye open for them, especially around Florida.

The industry is once again becoming a welcoming place for them.

Didn't they go bankrupt and steal everyone's money that they required to be paid in advance? Or was that someone else? It's been 3 or 4 years now I guess...

Latest resources

Back