Augusta Masters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

gear_guy

Looks like I'm gonna end up with the week in Augusta. I have no hotel reservations and it looks like the airport motel has closed. Any ideas? I know it's gonna be tough.

Are you going to be sitting there with nothing to do? I'd seriously consider driving to Atlanta to spend the week. All the decent hotel rooms from Aiken, SC to Thomson, GA will be gone.

I just checked hotels.com, and there was the Raddison Riverfront at $550/night, or a bunch of shady hotels in places you wouldn't want to be.

It's the Masters dude, there won't be a place to stay within 100 miles of Augusta (at least not at a non-gouged price.) Try Atlanta, that's probably about all you're going to get.

I wish I was just sitting there, I would just drive home. Unfortunately, we will have daily trips from there. I don't care about the price, I just want to sleep somewhere besides the airplane.

If price is not an object, go for the Radisson. It's my favorite hotel in town. Very nice. Lots of stuff to do near there too, especially during Masters. Augusta has done a decent job of revitalizing downtown/Broad St. Also, it's the closest NICE hotel to the Aiport...but isn't really that close, unless you're flying to DNL.

Take in a show at the Discotheque Lounge while you're in town.

Latest resources

Back