Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not Furloughed. . . . . YET!

Well, it appears the number is at 86.

Unfortunately, we know that as soon as the decision is made to retire the 41's...many more are toast.

When it comes to contracts, I am sure most pilots are aware of the state of the industry, in terms of your length of employment at a "regional" and your associated pay rates and work rules. I just hope that the pilot group has the resolve to stand on a firm footing not to lose what we have now. (Stealing a line from the Pres. George W.)

Our career at a "regional" will be for quite some time...and quite frankly being away from home more than the average worker and getting paid less in unacceptable for a long term job. I think everyone can agree that taking quote unquote concessions is worth it when we first start out, in hopes of quick advancement to captain at a regional and quite possibly advancement to a major.

BUT,

since that advancement is not happening anytime soon...it is important that we not take any concessions to our already low pay rates and detoriations in work rules as regional pilots.

Professionaly speaking, I don't think you would work a desk jobs..9 to 5....Monday thru Saturday for 35,000 with little to no retirement for the rest of your life.

That is what we are almost in effect doing now...which is fine...but to see it get worse and most likely stay that way would be a shame to a great profession.

Thanks for the open ear!

King Air Kiddo

Are you on the bubble? I hope not. Best wishes for a quick resolution with United.

Minh

Not sure if you guys heard the latest MEC hotline. It says we will probably keep the 41's if UAL doesn't liquidate meaning no massive furloughs. Good luck to everyone.
Swift

Latest resources

Back