ATP Written 121 or 135?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

maverick_fp00

Just curious on why there are two different types of ATP Writtens. I'm assuming, if you want to work for an airliner you'd do the 121, but what if you took the 121 and ended up getting a job with a 135 charter business? Would it matter?

Thanks

It does not matter to anyone once you have gotten the ATP ticket. Take whatever written you are more well versed with.

3 5 0

If you have a 135 background BUT still wanna go 121 I would still suggest taking the 135 written since it would probably be easier.

seems to me that the 135 would be the one to take even if you are going to go to a commuter since all the performance sheets are on the 1900... not many commuters that i know of that operate 737s. However, if you are going to a commuter or airliner i would think 121 would be the one to take because you are going to be following 121 regs anyway.

121 v. 135 ATP

It makes absolutely no difference which ATP written you take. Don't think of it so much in terms of difficulty; think of it in terms of the one that's easier for you to prepare for.

For me, going to class was easier than trying to study at home. I went to a weekend school. The class was based on the 121 exam and featured B727 performance. I knew nothing about turbine equipment or 121 or 135 regs. I was the only lightplane pilot in the class. I had an excellent instructor and I studied for ten hours the next day. The day after that, I took the exam and scored in the 90s.

Latest resources

Back