Atlas Upgrade Time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CCDiscoB

Just curious, any idea how long the upgrade time would be there? Current fleet numbers.

I wonder how many resumes they received already. Thousands I predict.

I have a friend hired in 2000 and he still has quite a bit to go before upgrade. Other websites that display such info. back him up. 10+ years.

Just like everywhere else, timing is everything. A guy hired in Oct '98 was an FO for two years, and has been a captain for 10 years, except for one year as an FO during the bankruptcy. A guy hired in Dec '98 hasn't seen the left seat. And like everywhere, the 65 rule has brought things to a screeching halt.

The one rule that does hold true, get hired early in a hiring cycle. Oct '98 was the first hiring in a while and was a very heavy hiring cycle. Atlas had just bought 6 planes from Cargolux.

Atlas had just bought 6 planes from Cargolux.

Thats a new one! Where did that info come from? They just set up their Italian operation and sold a few airframes to UPS. I cant`see them releasing 6 ships until they have several -8`s on the property.

Fliteidol, read that again: "HAD just bought" + Classicdriver was referring to Oct 98 ...

Today, 23:27 #4 Fliteidol

Civ/Mil: 1
A/C Flown: 1
Ratings: 1
Total Time: 1

Quote:Atlas had just bought 6 planes from Cargolux.
Thats a new one! Where did that info come from? They just set up their Italian operation and sold a few airframes to UPS. I cant`see them releasing 6 ships until they have several -8`s on the property.

Last edited:
Thanks heilhaavir, my bad. I looked at the text too fast for my weak brain to process the info. Classicdriver is as usual correct, sorry!

Latest resources

Back