• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Atlanta snowpocalypse 2014

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
<shrugs> Why the hell would we even care about knowing how to drive in snow, considering that we only get this much every nine or ten years?

It's kind of amusing watching Yankees brag about how a little snow is no big deal to them. It's like bragging about how much pain you can endure, or telling us how you are used to being abused by scheduling. If you enjoy that sort of thing, have at it, but not me. :)

And, of course, anyone, Yankee or Southerner, who says they can safely drive on ice is a fool or a liar.

ALSO be advised....

NO WAY payroll will be done on time. Brads, Charlie's and the payroll department will be OK....

Pilots....mmmmmm not so much...

Expect a memo filled with blah blah...challenges......blah....blah....unprecedented......surprise.....blah.....weather......blah....blah..challenges.....staffing........challenges.....blah blah
TFAYD....but not so much thanks that your pay will be correct.

I was half F'ng around, everyone needs to Calm down :). Seriously though, what was the excuse from the mayor?

I can't imagine they have many plows/salt to begin with.......

You weren't Fing around. The mayor blamed thd weatherman and the schools for letting out early. I jest you not. The city if Atlanta has 40 salt trucks and numerous spreaders. They weren't used until after the apocalypse.

You weren't Fing around. The mayor blamed thd weatherman and the schools for letting out early. I jest you not. The city if Atlanta has 40 salt trucks and numerous spreaders. They weren't used until after the apocalypse.

I know, I said I was only "half F'ng around, lol"

And the Mayor sounds like a complete F'ng moron

It's not just the mayor. The governor is a complete dolt, also.

<shrugs> Why the hell would we even care about knowing how to drive in snow, considering that we only get this much every nine or ten years?

Would be nice if you would start learning how to drive after just a few raindrops.

Source: Two decades driving in ATL

Yes, Deal is a redneck moron. First class.

Well....I guess it's gonna be another TBD for me then....I can't get outta my neighborhood.

Yeah so what happens to those??? Is it worth going back in for the rest of your trip or are you pay protected????? Would be nice if anyone would answer the phone or emails...

It's kind of amusing watching Yankees brag about how a little snow is no big deal to them. It's like bragging about how much pain you can endure, or telling us how you are used to being abused by scheduling. If you enjoy that sort of thing, have at it, but not me. :)

And, of course, anyone, Yankee or Southerner, who says they can safely drive on ice is a fool or a liar.

We found ourselves stuck in Chicago on the wrong side of the snowbird curve in 2011 and ended up sitting out the blizzard at our place downtown. Our friends there always ridicule us native southerners for our lack of snow driving moxie but in this case they couldn't seem to figure out when to hold them and when to fold them.

Lakeshore Drive was closed early on but many of the native geniuses here (including a friend/neighbor) saw that as an "opportunity" for a traffic free shot southbound. After all, those guys know all about driving in the snow, what's the difference if the winds are at 70 and the rate is a couple of inches an hour? Their car is probably in this NYT picture;

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/03/us/03chicago.html?_r=0

They abandoned their car and ended up bailing it out of an impound lot. As in aviation,, experience does not always yield good judgement. So he calls last night to laugh about the idiots who can't drive in two inches of snow. I told him we were just laughing about idiots who can't figure out they shouldn't try driving in an actual blizzard on a road that was closed and therefore had zero prep.

He called for a truce.

Too many excuses, not enough action. There is no excuse for not preparing the roads for vehicle travel when the forecast was indicating 100 percent chance of snow or frozen precipitation. The city of Atlanta is pathetic. All you have to do is walk around it for a day or two to discover that fact. The citizens were probably waiting for their lord and savior Barack Obama to rescue them. Barack can't even tie his shoe without a cabinet member to help him do it. The mayor of Atlanta is a special education alumnus, so ya can't blame him. He is too stupid to solve even a basic problem. I guess ya have to blame the population for letting it get that way. All the problem solvers and high school graduates ran away to the suburbs years ago, and now they are taking Braves Stadium with them. What do you expect?

Latest resources

Back