Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Anaconda

FLY ARMY!
looking into a reserve job at dobbins. assuming i fly into ATL, is there any practical way to get from ATL to Dobbins, short of having a car at the airport? thanks for the advice!

you can rule out public transportation, MARTA doesn't go anywhere near there. unless dobbins offers something, i think you'd need a car. you can't get very far in ATL without your own set of wheels...

Jitney Transportation Services or something like that runs a van between ATL and Dobbins, I used their service last summer on TDY, I can't remember how much it cost though since I wasn't paying for it.

Anaconda said:
is there any practical way to get from ATL to Dobbins

No, get a car...believe me!

ATL resident for 27 yrs.

Anaconda said:
looking into a reserve job at dobbins. assuming i fly into ATL, is there any practical way to get from ATL to Dobbins, short of having a car at the airport? thanks for the advice!
I just spoke to a guy that lives there - - he says:

Groom Transportation - - ATL Passenger terminal to Macon and then Warner-Robbins for about $25 - - round trips are discounted a bit.

1-800-537-7903

Don't know why the AF had to put rhyming bases in the same state, but don't confuse Robbins with Dobbins.

While parked at Dobbins I took public transportation to a Braves game once. There's a bus right outside the front gate that runs to one of the northern MARTA stations (~30 minutes), then you could get to the airport from there.

I've got to agree with the others though. Probably much easier to priceline a rental car and have wheels while you're there.

T1

The Blue Angels are at NAS Atlanta this weekend, baby.
Be there!!!

remember: it's not Dobbins AFB, it's NAS Atlanta.

Last edited:
DaveGriffin said:
The Blue Angels are at NAS Atlanta this weekend, baby.
Be there!!!

remember: it's not Dobbins AFB, it's NAS Atlanta.

But it is Dobbins ARB / NAS Atlanta ;)

T1bubba said:
Don't know why the AF had to put rhyming bases in the same state, but don't confuse Robbins with Dobbins.
T1

And I don't know why Warner Robins didn't spell is name R-O-B-B-I-N-S instead of R-O-B-I-N-S. His poor name gets misspelled about as much as mine. ;)

Robins has one 'B' and Dobbins has two 'B's.

Yahtz

I would definately say get a car....come on, how are you going to get down to the best BBQ spot...just remember at the big chicken take a right and go under the bridge, it's on the left...(I always forget the name, but I remember the directions...)....not too mention if they put you off base......

Man...this thread is killing me. I am stuck in Del Rio and you will be 5 minutes from my house!!!

Get a car. They are pretty cheap in Atlanta. You could probably get one on Hotwire.com for $15-20 a day. Then you could go anywhere in Vinings for lunch and enjoy the "scenery."

Have fun and good luck...

Latest resources

Back