• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ata?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good question. Frankly, I don't know. Mgt. tells us it's getting better. ETOPS for the B737's. B737 classics coming soon, B767-300's are still being sought. Codeshare is doing well. Expansion of it in KPHX, possibly KSJU. DOT/Customer complaints are aweful. Supposedly being fixed; it will take a while. Terrible loads Jan. and Feb., but I think I've explained all that. March looked pretty good. I hear summer bookings are looking pretty good. Lots of people in all departments are gone, C8 gone (somewhere), KIND is pretty quiet. Immediate future looks OK, long term still unknown. No firm exit date for BK; sometime this summer, maybe.

Union is falling apart. Lots of infighting, politics, power struggles. But, that's what we expect, right? :rolleyes: The two concessionary agreements expire 5/31 and 6/30, snapping back to orginal Contract 2002 rates and rules, but the realists among us expect more of the same. It's just a matter of degree. I don't see any reason for the pilot group to stay where we are right now. Morale is pretty low, and recovery depends on morale. John Denison, interim CEO, is well respected among the pilot group.

I think the furloughs are up to about 150 announced. Forty voluntary furloughs. First 117 captains displaced 5/1, another 40 or so to come. Lots of furloughees have gone to Trans Meridian, a few to SWA, Airtran, Netjets, etc.

Hope this helps.

Whats up!! Goin good. I fly 747 cargo birds now..lots of fun! PM me. We will catch up.

Latest resources

Back