ATA Lowers Bar

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ATA lowers bar

My bad Formula one, you stayed logged in in the computer.
ATA pilots passed Concessionary LOA by 78.8%.
18% of us tried to hold the fort.
Could have stayed flying turboprops at commuters for more money.
Company should have asked for 50% paycut, we would have given it to them.
2nd year 757 fo will make $50/hr.
Sweet.

It was a 20% pay cut across the board and 50% reduction to our B fund. It is for 120 days. If the Co isn't back upright by then, nothing will help.

This is the last time.

So TZFO,

Basically what you are saying is that the other 80% are stupid for giving ATA and new ideas a chance. So I guess they should have taken the extra 20% pay for a few months, then join the ranks of the unemployed. The other 80% includes alot of people with alot of experience (probably alot of bankruptcies). I don't really believe that you would consider flying turboprops as a permanent career or you wouldn't be here. So give us a break with your " I voted no " and "The others are lowering the bar" garbage, because I just don't care.

Well, I voted "NO" on this, but it is done.

Let's roll up our sleeves and make this thing work. I only have another 2 months or so in the left seat before I get "displaced" and I am going to do everything I can to make sure that there is a "can-do" attitude on my plane.

This is our last shot. This is for all the marlbes. Insert your cliche of choice here: .

Hang in there, Pickle! That's the right attiude. Negativity will get you nowhere, so you might as well enjoy it while it lasts...The glory days of the aviation industry along with fat pension plans are definitely over. Hopefully, you'll still have a job when it's all said and done.

BigFlyr said:
Hang in there, Pickle! That's the right attiude. Negativity will get you nowhere, so you might as well enjoy it while it lasts...The glory days of the aviation industry along with fat pension plans are definitely over. Hopefully, you'll still have a job when it's all said and done.

Maybe the glory days of the passenger airlines, but definately not the large cargo airlines. FedEx, fat pension plan. UPS modest pension plan, soon to get much fatter!

FreightNazi said:
Maybe the glory days of the passenger airlines, but definately not the large cargo airlines. FedEx, fat pension plan. UPS modest pension plan, soon to get much fatter!

What a dumba$$...won't be long before there's a low cost freight operator, and your world will turn to $hit...your just too dumb to realize that. Enjoy it while you can.

Making a lot of friendz with that one Nazi. I am glad you're enjoying your paycheck and I do hope that you all can hang on to those rates. I had one good year of pay in this business and then all hell broke loose....

Beerme said:
What a dumba$$...won't be long before there's a low cost freight operator, and your world will turn to $hit...your just too dumb to realize that. Enjoy it while you can.

There are already plenty of low cost freight operators out there pal. The problem for them is they only fly from airport to airport. They have no delivery infrastructure. UPS and FedEx are both global transportation companies. For a low cost freight carrier to start up an operation to compete with either one would cost many BILLIONS of dollars.

Why do some of you on this message board seem to enjoy trying to beat down the few successful airlines that are left? You would think that maybe you would be happy that there is still some airlines left where you can have a stable career and enjoy top pay and a defined benefit pension plan. Both FedEx and UPS offer those.

Latest resources

Back