• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Asiana Passenger to Sue Boeing!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"The National Transportation Safety Board has said pilots told investigators they realized the approach speed was low and set the auto-throttle to correct it, but realized too late that the aircraft speed never increased."

I hate it when they do that. Best thing to do is nothing. Crash enough of these things. Boeing will fix that tricky "arm" mode the throttles go into.

One of the passengers represented by the firm is Zhang Yuan, who suffered severe spinal injuries and a broken leg, the firm said. “My husband, my daughter, other passengers and I would not have suffered such terrible injuries if the sliding ramps and the seat belts would not have trapped us in the burning wreckage,” the firm quoted her as saying.

Totally agree. Get rid of those darn seat belts and slides. Management could pay the FA's less because that would lower their responsibility AND shorten the safety brief.

Holy sheitballz
Seriously- everybody on that plane still alive should find a Boeing engineer and kiss their arse for their life- sue your country for training pilots who can't fly

They also need to find Bernoulli's descendants and sue the bejeezus outta them.

I'm sure this guy hired the same Lawyer who represented the lady who sued McDonalds after she burned herself with the coffee between her legs!

While I think we can all agree that Edwards is an idiot, there is more to the MacDonalds case than meets the eye.

http://www.lectlaw.com/files/cur78.htm

Simple fact is, it was not what the Media made it out to be and a classic example of just how much of what we "know" is really shaped by what some moron on cable news wants to put out as a story.
We all know how inaccurate aviation news stories are (or any other subject we are close to), throw in people like Glen Beck that knowingly lie to get ratings and my take is you should believe about 2% of the news today.

That said, what a bunch of jerks running to the lawyers so quickly, especially blaming Boeing? The airplane has an outstanding safety record. Smart money would certainly be on pilot error when the dust settles on the investigation and if you are going to assume anything, I would guess it would be Asiana's CRM procedures will be a major factor. Either the crew was working well together as a team or they weren't, and if they weren't it was their fault, period.
Wouldn't it be great if people who file frivolous lawsuits like this ended up having to pay Boeing for attempting to damage their reputation and wasting Boeings time?

"The National Transportation Safety Board has said pilots told investigators they realized the approach speed was low and set the auto-throttle to correct it, but realized too late that the aircraft speed never increased."QUOTE]

Next time I'm in the sim, I'll engage the auto-throttles at the first sign of a stall. What ever happened to manually increasing power with the thrust levers? They must have forgotten what those things on the center pedestal are for!

Latest resources

Back