• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA/XJT update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
when i got hired at ASA many moons ago, i remember similar rhetoric coming from Comair.. some of you guys really need to know where you work. We do NOT have the same leverage as Delta, etc pilots... we just dont... and never will. understanding that, and little dose of the real world would be great for some of you ..

i enjoy ASA, i stayed here for a reason. I dont expect 22 days off, duty/trip rigs of 7 hours and $3 an hour per diem..i dont know. Maybe my experience in corporate finance before i came here made me too rational. I learned long ago, that when your company makes money, you have a job.

You came from finance and ended up at ASA .... What a moron

You came from finance and ended up at ASA .... What a moron

CEO silly sap, be careful who you call a moron. Some of us do other things besides fly airplanes. My bet is enuffalready still works in finance and flying airplane is a hobby.

You and I both know I'm not going to pm you to meet you in person because logistically that would just be way more difficult than it would be on paper....commuting to Houston or Newark or wherever the fk you are and all.. What I will do, however, is tell any and every xjt pilot I see on the jumpseat, crew van, whatever.. that you dumb mother fkers are being unreasonable dicks.. You on the other hand, I'll refer to you as an unreasonable quim-toed dildomelon..
We'll discuss it from there..

Then I will tell you that you are a tool.

Everybody on here getting so f'n worked up needs to stop. It's embarrassing from all of you. I've had captain tell me "CRJ guys this, CRJ guys that" at work and I tell them that every one of you guys has been a real nice class act. 90% of the guys I fly with don't care if we go PBS IF the language is right. To me our vendor could be a monk in Tibet for all I care if the language is ok.

To sit here and sling mud at each other is retarded when we should be wrapping this whole thing up. To quote a wise woman......

http://youtu.be/ZEf5VFKplzw

asa vs xjt vs skywest

Ok let's just agree to get re-assigned by screw scheduling with our personal cell phone, (that the company doesn't pay for), and accept a 1% pay raise, (while paying 13% more for health insurance), all while skywest Inc. posts quarter over quarter profits! Makes sense to me why we are arguing!
Does any of this sound familiar ?
Why wouldn't anyone want to better their pay and work rules?
After all, when Asa negotiated their current contract, guess who's contract they referred to during negotiations with the company?
Asa people? Skywest people ?
By all means, discuss.
Ed.
Xjt ord ca

Just got off the phone with my rep. I suggest everyone call theirs.

XJT IAHFO

10 rounds of bare knuckle boxing is the only way for you guys to fix this.

To quote Red Forman: "If your not mad enough to bare knuckle box then you are not really that mad!"

Bare knuckle box? What is this, the 20s?

Looking at where the aircraft are being shuffled, I don't see any additional E-jets over to the Xjet side while additional Crj airframes are added to the Asa side. Not stirring the pot, but its pretty obvious what's going on. Unless the Xjet folks get on one list, it appears as if there will not be any additional flying awarded to that side. Again, this is purely my perception. You guys stick to fistacuffs and your PBS systems, but a 30,000 foot snapshot seems to be warranted. The UA TA has pay rates for the 175/900 and they seem intent to exercise them. I guess you have to decide where you want to wind up in a few years, management already knows where they want to be.....

Looking at where the aircraft are being shuffled, I don't see any additional E-jets over to the Xjet side while additional Crj airframes are added to the Asa side. Not stirring the pot, but its pretty obvious what's going on. Unless the Xjet folks get on one list, it appears as if there will not be any additional flying awarded to that side. Again, this is purely my perception. You guys stick to fistacuffs and your PBS systems, but a 30,000 foot snapshot seems to be warranted. The UA TA has pay rates for the 175/900 and they seem intent to exercise them. I guess you have to decide where you want to wind up in a few years, management already knows where they want to be.....

Additional aircraft were added to the ASA side logically because 1. Comair went out of business and had additional CRJ flying to do with their airplanes. 2. You guys had dead CRJs sitting around to do a little Eagle flying with. All of XJTs planes are spoken for aside from some of the 37 seaters....of which some were brought back recently from the desert. I haven't seen much new United flying doled out or ERJ flying so I don't think we've lost on many opportunities.

As for the 175/900...Delta has pay rates for them too. I've yet to meet a Delta CRJ900 pilot nor do I think you'll see one soon.

Management doesn't want CRJ900's flown by mainline pilots. If they had it their way EVERYTHING would be flown by feeder pilots. On this point I think you're confused.

As for PBS....we see it as a concession. For a yes vote on a contract including PBS (for me) I'd expect significant improvements in other sections and very good language in it's implementation.

Latest resources

Back