ASA/ XJT Roadshow Schedule

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

asayankee

ATL.... The largest base by far of all ASA domiciles, has only 1 day of roadshows??? WTF??? What is it 3-4 times the size of all the other bases and we get 1 day in the middle of the holiday season to listen to the "merits" of this turd... Just another reason to vote no. 5 year duration... Probably 7-8 years until a new contract, what's the big rush?

ATL.... The largest base by far of all ASA domiciles, has only 1 day of roadshows??? WTF??? What is it 3-4 times the size of all the other bases and we get 1 day in the middle of the holiday season to listen to the "merits" of this turd... Just another reason to vote no. 5 year duration... Probably 7-8 years until a new contract, what's the big rush?

My thoughts exactly.

I think they can save our money and not worry about "road shows" at all. The only vote that an intelligent person will make is NO.

Yeah but think about the expensive, swanky hotels, great meals at fabulous restaurants, and premium booze the ALPA folks will be enjoying while we all bitch and moan about the TA! America, what a great country! Love it! :D

Last edited:
From the roadshow Q and A.

All I see is an acknowledgement that management can't manage,resulting in the loss. I see nothing attributing the financial performance to the pilot costs. Our pilot costs aren't $30 million more than Skywest. Not that I needed any convincing to vote no, but this cements the decision.

The XJT losses were attributed to a number of factors, the most significant of which were higher than normal scheduled maintenance events in the period, significant additional costs attributable to integrating XJT and ASA, depreciating certain fixed assets as required, and much lower incentive payments from mainline partners due to poor operational performance in many of the months. SkyWest Airlines was more profitable, primarily due to consistently good operational performance, meeting mainline targets, and receiving regular incentive payments. Basically, SkyWest Airlines subsidized the losses of XJT during the 2012 and 2013 time periods, helping to keep SkyWest, Inc. profitable.

Latest resources

Back