• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA/XJT MEC conflict

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
+1 ?????? Are you #$%^#$% kidding? Have you not paid any attention to Pinnacle/Mesaba/Colgan's merger and our one-list?

+1 ?????? Are you #$%^#$% kidding? Have you not paid any attention to Pinnacle/Mesaba/Colgan's merger and our one-list?

have you not paid attention to Skywest growing while ASA furloughs. If there is going to be really bad news who do you think is going to get the brunt of it? I would rather have a rough merger than a whipsaw and attempts at becoming "more competitive" any day.

Jerry will never let his baby (SKW) be tanted by the likes of XJT or ASA. Get past the one list ideas, and lets spend of barganing chips on more attainable things like QOL and Scheduling.
Another little birdy told me that SH came into the last negociation and told them that PBS WAS going to be in the next contract, dont even waste our time trying to get XJT line system. I know u XJT guys hate the thought of PBS, but the fact is MGMT will not sign a contract that doesnt include it.... Think he is tipping his hand a little by saying this... he is telling us how important PBS is to them, and thus we should use this to get some other things we want in the contract....

dID yA'LL mERGE?

How'd Ya'll make out and such?

Yes we merged, one list, and 3 airlines becoming two. 1 airline will be jets only, the other props only. As for how one made out, it depends who you ask.

have you not paid attention to Skywest growing while ASA furloughs. If there is going to be really bad news who do you think is going to get the brunt of it? I would rather have a rough merger than a whipsaw and attempts at becoming "more competitive" any day.
ASA just furloughed pilots? This is news to me. How many have they furloughed, and when was this? And how is Skywest growing? Didn't they just lose 5 planes to GoJets?

Yes there was some serious disagreements at the meeting last week. There are 2 different issue.

The first is a big difference in what the 2 MECs think is achievable in this contract. XJT MEC has a "burn the house down" mentality and isn't being realistic.

The second issue is the seniority list integration. The instructor integration didn't go well. XJT again IMO was being unrealistic. ASA was willing to send it to arbitration.

There is much tension between the two MECs. I guess we are going to be like USAir/AWA or more recently Air Tran/SWA.

Yes there was some serious disagreements at the meeting last week. There are 2 different issue.

The first is a big difference in what the 2 MECs think is achievable in this contract. XJT MEC has a "burn the house down" mentality and isn't being realistic.

The second issue is the seniority list integration. The instructor integration didn't go well. XJT again IMO was being unrealistic. ASA was willing to send it to arbitration.

There is much tension between the two MECs. I guess we are going to be like USAir/AWA or more recently Air Tran/SWA.

So you are agreeing then that the ASA MEC are being pussies?

Look, the ASA pilots said that there is no way in Hell that management would give up the requirement that XJT check in at the airport. After a little conversation about how XJT pilots NEGOTIATED away the check-in requirement and a little arm twisting then POOF no check-in.

It's not burning down the house to fight for a decent QOL. Though many XJTers would agree that the flight instructors have been extremely well treated in the past at the expense of the average line pilot.

XJT has as many lifers as ASA, everyone wants the company to be viable.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back