• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA/XJT agree on bidding

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Where have you been? The LXJT "logic" has been explained MANY times! Anyway, what you are saying is akin to you trading your old Yogu for a new Kia and telling your friend, who drives a 3 year old Porsche you don't know about, that you can't understand the logic behind him not giving his car away and sharing yours instead. ;)

Oh good lord man... Did you just describe paper bidding as a 3 year old Porsche. No wait... You described the PBS with no customers as the 3 year old Porsche. I could tell you that our PBS guarantees 32 days off a month and you would tell us that paper bidding allows for more open time swaps. You really are the regional general lee

Oh good lord man... Did you just describe paper bidding as a 3 year old Porsche. No wait... You described the PBS with no customers as the 3 year old Porsche. I could tell you that our PBS guarantees 32 days off a month and you would tell us that paper bidding allows for more open time swaps. You really are the regional general lee

You had it right the first time. Our line bidding AND work rules, that is. Anyway, my point is that it's been explained many times, as you know.

Can someone (or 1 knowledgable person from each system) please explain the difference in the 2 systems. I don't think either side has put out enough facts about why theirs is better. How does vacation work in each system, how can you detemine your line value in each system, how does it decide which trips you get?

The XJT Scheduling guys put out a 15 page document on Smart Pref. I havent seen anything like that from the ASA guys(not that it doesnt exist).

Actually, they did put out a 30 some page document. The XJT document was a brief overview on most all PBS out there. But they did produce another document and power point presentation on smartpref, although those are more of a tutorial. But they do show what it can do.

Latest resources

Back