• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Vs Skywest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There have been only 3 or 4 700s transferred to SKYW. SKYW tried to scare ASA pilots with that, and it didn't work. Plus the cost involved finally got their attention and they stopped. We have received numerous 200s (exACA), and unfortunately a number of CMR 700s. We never had the 900s, although we were supposed to. So, you're misleading everyone by stating that.

BL "thanks for all that you do"
"Now, may I have my bonus please for my leadership"

There have been only 3 or 4 700s transferred to SKYW. SKYW tried to scare ASA pilots with that, and it didn't work. Plus the cost involved finally got their attention and they stopped. We have received numerous 200s (exACA), and unfortunately a number of CMR 700s. We never had the 900s, although we were supposed to. So, you're misleading everyone by stating that.

BL "thanks for all that you do"
"Now, may I have my bonus please for my leadership"

So I gather that since that's the only part of his post you refuted, you agree with everything else he said?

I've wrote where I will vote no unless there is scope. retro pay, and raises too, again, just for you John P!

Fins,

You ar so far out in left field, you're not even in the park. How do you come up with these scenarios? In one sentence you say that the contract is almost done, yet on the very next one you state that you're about to get released, which indicates you're to far apart to reach an agreement.

I'm not saying that we won't merge. As a matter of fact I thought you guys should have gone for one list when the first airplane was transferred. But why would JA agree to a one list that would screw the Skywest pilots? Think about that for a second. Do you think he imagines he'll get the loyalty of the ASA guys, which he'll never have, and lose the support of a large group of Skywest pilots? A lose/lose proposition. Instead of having 1/2 the company pissed off, the whole company will be against him. Do you really think he's that stupid?

Regardless of what some people say, support for ALPA is lukewarm at best.

Fins,

You ar so far out in left field, you're not even in the park. How do you come up with these scenarios? In one sentence you say that the contract is almost done, yet on the very next one you state that you're about to get released, which indicates you're to far apart to reach an agreement.

In Fins defense, I don't think you understand the Section 6 process. In order to get a release, you need to convince the NMB that an agreement is reachable in the 30 day cooling off period. This means you must be "almost done".

I'm not saying that we won't merge. As a matter of fact I thought you guys should have gone for one list when the first airplane was transferred. But why would JA agree to a one list that would screw the Skywest pilots? Think about that for a second. Do you think he imagines he'll get the loyalty of the ASA guys, which he'll never have, and lose the support of a large group of Skywest pilots? A lose/lose proposition. Instead of having 1/2 the company pissed off, the whole company will be against him. Do you really think he's that stupid?

Regardless of what some people say, support for ALPA is lukewarm at best.

I think your logic is faulty at best. Jerry couldn't care less who likes him. Jerry cares about how he makes the most money. I think a common misconception among Skywest pilots, which contributes to the anti-alpa feelings, is that Jerry "likes you" and wants you to prosper. This is an illusion designed to boost productivity. Kind of like how Brigham Young led the "Beehive".

Jerry isn't stupid. He realizes the synergies a combined company can provide. This is why they've already combined most of our behind the scenes operations. Now they're waiting to see how the ALPA drive does there and the contract does here. The minute he feels alpa is gaining a foothold and may go through, or ASA is going to strike and rape him, he'll merge the companies and buy himself a few more years while we fight out the seniority, representation, and the contract.

The whipsaw is intentional. If we're fighting each other, we won't notice him picking our pockets.

Fins,

It's not just Jerry merging the list you have to worry about. What happens if/when ASA pilots go to the courts and try to force an integration? Then what? Think your SAPA reps will negotiate a good integration for you? BWAAHAHAHAHAHA.
SAPA will do what SGU tells them to do and the newbee pilots that comprise the majority of the list will go along with whatever SGU/SAPA (is there a difference?) tells them.
By the time they figure out they're going to be pulling gear for a former ASA captain for 5 years JA will be out on the golf course thinking about whether to order the steak or lobster for dinner.
SGU will do what's best for the bottom line. Plus if it does go to a single list they can get by with fewer pilots. Noone cares if the SkyWest pilots are mad. What are they gonna do? Pout? Sulk? Stomp their feet? There's no unity and no threat whatsoever presented by a non-union complacent group of pilots. SGU is likely far more concerned about ASA pilots because they will burn the house down eventually.

A buddy of mine at SkyWest who has been right in a lot of his previous predictions issued a forecast for a failed union drive followed by a DOH integration. Time will tell my friends.

Latest resources

Back