ASA Vs Skywest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

eagle06

I have applied to Skywest but am curious what you all think about the possibility of the two seniority lists merging. Do you think this a very real possibility within the next year? I would hate to make the jump only to a few months later be a couple hundred numbers behind what I could be.

The senority list will not be merged anytime soon. Possibly in the next few years when Skywest, Inc. bleeds the ASA group down to a thousand or less pilots and most of the flying has been transfered over to Skywest.

The senority list will not be merged anytime soon. Possibly in the next few years when Skywest, Inc. bleeds the ASA group down to a thousand or less pilots and most of the flying has been transfered over to Skywest.

While you're at it, can you use your crystal ball to give me this week's Lottery numbers? Thanks.

Yeah we at ASA are going to start a single carrier petition-like that has taken place at Mesa and Freedom and Republics list of airlines...Will save millions in the general office salaries...

Eagle, the bottom is the bottom, regardless. I think about the same thing at the majors where I am applying.

An integration will happen. It's just a matter time. Might be a year. Could be 5 years. Don't expect anything to happen until after the union drive is over.

embdrvr...What happens if/when the union drive fails?

Homer,

Let the ASA people hold on to at least one belief. So be it, if they want to believe a Union drive will succeed at SkyWest.

Question - What if ASA/ALPA negotiates a merger and the SkyWest pilots are not represented? Wouldn't the SkyWest pilots want a seat at the table when that deal goes down?

Facts for consideration: Mr. Atkin has never been qouted saying no to a merger. ASA's contract is almost done exept for scope. ASA is nearing a release from the NMB. ASA pilots are watching airplanes that were on the ASA Certificate taxi by them on a regular basis - they are now beginning to understand the importance of scope. The best scope is OneList.

ASA has been virtually merged into SkyWest. There is clear operational integration.

Even if a compromise is reached short of OneList, expect the ASA pilots to require a commitment from SkyWest that would prevent further pillage of the ASA fleet. (So those looking to upgrade on EV and AS tail jets might want to go ahead and make other plans)

Would the ASA pilots strike to achieve their scope goals? I think they realize there is little difference between a predictable demise and a slow death. The ASA pilots are weary of the drama around here and want to get to the point where real horsetrading can be done - which is a release to strike.

IMHO - it is up to the ASA pilots and their representatives. If they cut a deal through contract negotiations that satisfies Mr. Atkin's concerns about the future cost structure of the company the SkyWest pilots are kind of along for the ride unless they have a seat at the negotiating table.

I don't know if it is at all likely and this sure isn't meant to be threatening. We all (including management) want a more stable environment.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back