ASA Vietnam base?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Really depends on the base!

Just finished a trip to Vietnam last month, really depends on where your based on QOL. Danang would be premium, Hochimin City probably second, and Hanoi last. Airport at Hanoi is ridiculously hard to get to/from the city, with traffic can be a three hour tour!

Other than that, I find it the most organized and livable of the SE asian countries (singapore and Hongkong excluded) I've visited. People are amazingly friendly to Americans despite the suffering they must have endured during the war. Things are relatively cheap and there seems to be an absence of abject poverty that exists in a majority of SE asian countries.
Also, conspicuously, even though the war, only 35 years ago over communism vs capitalism, they seem to be as capitalistic as any country with no outward sign of communism. (apparently the govt of vietnam denounced communism in the 80's) It seems like everyone in Vietnam owns a business of some sort.
Happy Holidays!

I bet that the Vietnamese pilots are gonna be pi$$ed that their jobs are being outsourced to cheap American labor.

Yep, that's just BS. Imagine US pilots taking jobs from able and qualified pilots in their own country! It's a scandal, and there should be laws against it. Do you think that any old Vietnamese pilot can just come over here and get a job???!!! I bet we wouldn't even recognise their licenses!;) Where's Joe Merchant spouting his narrow-minded jingoistic drivel this time??

Just finished a trip to Vietnam last month, really depends on where your based on QOL. Danang would be premium, Hochimin City probably second, and Hanoi last. Airport at Hanoi is ridiculously hard to get to/from the city, with traffic can be a three hour tour!

Other than that, I find it the most organized and livable of the SE asian countries (singapore and Hongkong excluded) I've visited. People are amazingly friendly to Americans despite the suffering they must have endured during the war. Things are relatively cheap and there seems to be an absence of abject poverty that exists in a majority of SE asian countries.
Also, conspicuously, even though the war, only 35 years ago over communism vs capitalism, they seem to be as capitalistic as any country with no outward sign of communism. (apparently the govt of vietnam denounced communism in the 80's) It seems like everyone in Vietnam owns a business of some sort.
Happy Holidays!

yeah...yeah.. How much are the women?

http://www.can-tho-hotels.com/Mekong-Air_1502

Kien Giang-based Mekong Aviation Joint stock Co has submitted an application to the Civil Aviation Administration of Viet nam (CAAV) to launch carrier Mekong Air

Mekong Aviation is the third private aviation firm to request a Vietnamese operating licence. Vietjet Air and Speed Up Air have already been given permission by the Government to operate domestic services.

Mekong Air has a charter capital of VND600 billion (nearly US$36.4 million), some VND300 billion higher than the minimum required by the Law on Aviation to operate services within Vietnam

Mekong Air said it planned to use Canadian Bombardier aircraft, which can carry 86-90 passengers, to fly from Hcm city to Rach Gia, Phu quoc Ca Mau and Can tho twice a day.

If given Government approval, Mekong Air will begin operations in the second quarter of next year.

However, it is uncertain whether the airline's application will succeed. Lai Xuan Thanh, deputy director of CAAV, said the Prime Minister had earlier instructed the Ministry of Transport to delay making decisions on new airline applications.

Vietnam currently has five Airlines operating domestic flights - State-owned Viet Nam Airlines, Jetstar Pacific Vasco and private operators Vietjet Air and Speed Up Air.

Vo Huy Cuong, head of CAAV's Aviation Transport Department, said the Government's decision not to grant new operating licences was to review development strategies of the aviation sector and prevent too many carriers competing.

However, Cuong told Viet Nam News yesterday that CAAV would still pass on Mekong Air's application to the Government for consideration.

He added that in 2007 the Government approved in principle an application by a company based in southern Kien Giang Province to launch a carrier service mainly in the Mekong River Delta.

Transport links in the Mekong region were poor, which was why the Government had endorsed the project, said industrial analysts.

So bye bye, Jennay. ASA's sending me to Viet-nam... It's a whole other country.

Last edited:
ASA not have forum internal for pilots their?

Get it ASA when internal board forum and more 9 and CRJ7s 4 United when?

Latest resources

Back