Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SPDBRD747400

World's Favourite Airline
ASA now has 4 -700's from Horizon (N600QX, 604, 605, & 608). If you check the faa.gov website it shows these airplanes registered to a SLC address now along with others like N601QX, N606QX etc, is ASA or Skywest to add the rest of the Horizon -700 fleet? Just curious

Wells Fargo bank in Salt Lake is the financier of hundreds of regional jets all over the country.

No way we have the captains for any more airplanes right now. All I see day after day are zeros in the reserve buckets.

8 RJ's are going to someone starting in February. Mgmt won'tsay who is taking the planes but I wouldn't be surprised if it was one ASA or SKyWest. Is any regional hiring for RJ pilots right now? The 8 RJS that go away will be replaced with Q400's.

8 RJ's are going to someone starting in February. Mgmt won'tsay who is taking the planes but I wouldn't be surprised if it was one ASA or SKyWest. Is any regional hiring for RJ pilots right now? The 8 RJS that go away will be replaced with Q400's.

Horizon rumor: SkyWest will be buying Horizon operating the Q operation separately for now.

SkyWest rumor: SkyWest flying 7 CRJ 700s as Alaska Express starting in March. Increase to 20 by the end of the year. PDX jet base.

QX's Q400s flying for United/Continental in DEN, SFO, LAX...Alaska Express operations will be backfilled by SkyWest CRJ 700s out of PDX.

I could see it happening. Although QX CEO did just write in a internal memo that we are not for sale. But I wouldn't trust that for one minute. Personally, I don't see being bought by SkyWest as a totally bad thing. I bet we would have more growth that way compared to if we just stayed with AAG. I do think that the 20 RJs operated by SkyWest would be too many I can see between 7-11. Mainly SEA-LGB, SEA-SBA, PDX - SoCal. Other than that the Q can cover the route structure. Unless they are on mechanical. Time will tell.

Latest resources

Back