Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Batman

ASA.

All the Delta Gate agents complain about ASA.

Want to find out the problem; look in the mirror.

Yea, we pilots are the reason for lost bags and late departures. I plan my entire day around trying to be as late as possible...
YOU are a moron.

All I can say is the devil's in the details.

Im not counting money or spending it till I have a week or more to review every word of this TA.

I'd ask all my fellow pilots to do the same, and not assume this fight is over.

It sure seems to me everyone is ready to throw in the towel and move on for another day. While this is understandable, it may be the wrong choice.

We need to hold judgement untill we see it in writing.

I realize that ASA is not a career airline for most and a place like Airtran is, it should be noted that they have voted down TWO TA's, this is the kinda thing we should keep in the back of our mind when reviewing our new TA.

More than likely, it will be acceptable in terms of work rules and QOL issues, but to accept 13.5 million is in my opinion "throwing in the towel"

FACT: Skywest inc. has made back the investment of 400 plus million for the purchase of ASA. The have over 700 million of unrestricted cash in the bank right now.

They achived this in under 3 years of ownership of ASA.

Medeco

Im not counting money or spending it till I have a week or more to review every word of this TA.

It sure seems to me everyone is ready to throw in the towel and move on for another day. While this is understandable, it may be the wrong choice.

I realize that ASA is not a career airline for most and a place like Airtran is, it should be noted that they have voted down TWO TA's, this is the kinda thing we should keep in the back of our mind when reviewing our new TA.

More than likely, it will be acceptable in terms of work rules and QOL issues, but to accept 13.5 million is in my opinion "throwing in the towel"

FACT: Skywest inc. has made back the investment of 400 plus million for the purchase of ASA. The have over 700 million of unrestricted cash in the bank right now.

Medeco

'zactly right.

A "YES" vote for this TA is a huge victory for management. They wore us down exactly for this reason....

...so we would accept less......happily.

Medeco

Med...I agree with everything you said. Just remember, in a negotiation, the negotiators must give in a little here to gain a little there. I think, while the money amount may not be acceptable to you, we had to conceed a little there to gain something more important. While none of us have seen the whole TA yet, I believe we had to buy a little in other areas, and the CNC believes this amount was fair to make the gains in other areas, like scope, rates, rigs, profit sharing, and the COLA the company was NOT giving until this last session.

You mentioned AirTran. They were offered about half of that amount when they turned down the TA, so you can't compare the situations. You have no idea if 13.5 million would be acceptable to them, nor what other gains their CNC made.

Also, rememeber the price companies like Mesa and CHQ and Eagle paid for scope. Hopefully, we didn't pay any where near as dearly!

Just remember, in a negotiation, the negotiators must give in a little here to gain a little there. I think, while the money amount may not be acceptable to you, we had to conceed a little there to gain something more important.

This is right on! If we vote yes from the git go......we validate the stall tactics that was used by both sides, yes JM I realize the first 2 years was stalling by the union, and we are so impatient we will take anything thrown our way.

Having said that, if we vote down the TA and go back to the table, the company is going to want something. Or you can look at it from the other side. WE have to give up something. From the realist side, what are we prepared to give up?

Anyone with any forethought knows this company is smart enough to allready know what that is. Yes, they want it done also. If you don't think it is easy for JA to let this go for 6 more months, you are fooling yourself.

How long do you think it will take before a tread is started polling the ASA pilots on their vote? The answer........maybe 2 weeks.

Dick Gozinya

Medeco

'zactly right.

A "YES" vote for this TA is a huge victory for management. They wore us down exactly for this reason....

...so we would accept less......happily.

I'm willing to bet you both a six pack of PBR that it passes by 95% or greater.

If only 60% of this pilot group (eligible) vote on this contract that took this long and this much fight to get...I will forever be embarrased to work here!

Latest resources

Back