ASA Quality of Life

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am doing the butterfly . . .

Well, the letter arrived today that I am officially in the ASA pool!
Just for info, sent in resume in August, and again in October, got the interview Nov 17. No LOR. Just Part 121 time.

Thanks to Boxer, Sleepy, Colonel Cairo, and Auto Transfer for all the info on this board. Also, Ryan B727 are you still swimming, or did you get in the Dec. 9th class? Any word on further classes? Any other poolies out there?

My next question is, does anyone know if they pay you while in training, and what about lodging? Need to plan the 2003 family budget!!!!

Thanks again to everyone.

pay

btflyer,

Hey, congrats on the letter. I just got picked for the 9th class and the letter says i will be paid $19.02/hr plus per diem which is $1.50/per hour, with a 75 hour minimum. Yes they pay for lodging at the Redroof Inn across the street for the duration of training.

Good luck, they told me they expect to have Jan. classes and they have about 70/80 in the pool at 20 to 25 per class and sometimes as many as 30.

Medeco

That's not totally accurate. New hires that are assigned DFW will be paid continuous per diem; however, ATL assigned new hires will be paid 8 hours per day of per diem....MAYBE.

Congrats...

Btflyer2....come on in, the water's fine. Congrats on making it into the pool. I'm still here...haven't made it into a new hire class. Always a bright side to everything though....being in the Dec 9th class would have sort of screwed up my holiday plans.

*grin* Not that I wouldn't have taken it mind you....but, like I said, there is a bright side to everything. Congrats to all the Dec. 9'ers!! Now that you are all big shot new hires don't forget about all of us still here in the pool....let us know how things are going.

Also, FYI for anyone else still in the pool....keep all your stuff up to date. Don't relax just because you have made it into the pool...remember, we're not hired yet! They called me wanting an updated medical because mine reverted to a second class (which is all I need for my current job). Don't know how I did this but I managed to get into the doctor the very next day and fax ASA a copy of the new medical a day after that. Just figured I'd warn everybody else....

Time to go eat some turkey....happy Thanksgiving everbody.

If you're based in ATL you get NO per diem. Only the DFW guys, and that is 24 hrs a day, not limited to 75 hours. It was a huge debate in our class, some ATL guys put in for it anyway, (on the old pay sheets), and got it, but payroll says it will be taken back when audited.

Latest resources

Back