ASA PBS = No more CDO's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

goose32

Anyone notice there are only 34 total CDO pairings for the month of March! That equates to about 2.5 lines. We have averaged 25 nap lines a month for the last few years. Don't know the actual number, but Feb equated to about 30-40 nap lines. How do they go from that to 2.5 lines in 1 months time??
As senior as Naps go there are going to be some very unhappy folks. BH, KH, SH start checking your inbox.

Anyone notice there are only 34 total CDO pairings for the month of March! That equates to about 2.5 lines. We have averaged 25 nap lines a month for the last few years. Don't know the actual number, but Feb equated to about 30-40 nap lines. How do they go from that to 2.5 lines in 1 months time??
As senior as Naps go there are going to be some very unhappy folks. BH, KH, SH start checking your inbox.

Maybe Medeco can help you understand what happened. I think they got absorbed into the 4-days. The 3 days are all so low-block that a schedule cannot be completed unless you bid 5 of them in a month. Why pay anyone to do naps when you can have 80% of our pilot group out working turd trips all month?

(Does anyone remember the last time the company created a good "mix of trips," containing day lines, two, three, 4 days, and naps-as our contract is supposed to compel them to do?) -I thought not.

-Tip of the iceberg. More fun to come!

Last edited:
Not surprised. On the 200 FO there are only 83 pairings of 4 days worth more than 18:45. The highest credit 4 day at 21.02. Maybe I'm over looking something but it looks like it might be that we'll need min days off to make MMG.

Honestly, I was surprised and please with my Feb results but I'm not looking forward to March.

Edit: Unless we only have to make it to 67 hours per the cover sheet. That would make sense. Four 4-days would only need to be 16.75 to get to that minimum. There are over 700 pairings of 4-days worth 16.75.

Last edited:
Not surprised. On the 200 FO there are only 83 pairings of 4 days worth more than 18:45. The highest credit 4 day at 21.02. Maybe I'm over looking something but it looks like it might be that we'll need min days off to make MMG.

Honestly, I was surprised and please with my Feb results but I'm not looking forward to March.

Edit: Unless we only have to make it to 67 hours per the cover sheet. That would make sense. Four 4-days would only need to be 16.75 to get to that minimum. There are over 700 pairings of 4-days worth 16.75.

I am seeing the same thing and asking myself the same question..."am I missing something?" I just did a straight sort and found 11 pairing on the 200 that had 20 hrs or more.

I am typically very level headed about this sort of stuff, but I have to say that this is pretty bad! It is going to be virtually impossible to get above guarantee...and to be quite honest, its going to be very difficult to get to the bottom of the window without getting down close to min days off. Mathmatically, I see very few people getting more than 12 or 13 days off...and they will be working at guarantee just to get that.

This is going to be a huge mess...

If I have to live 16 days a month away from my home and my family, I damn well better be able to earn more than 75 hrs of pay!!!! This is ridiculous. This month, all 4 of my 4 days credit 22 hrs! Now they are 17!!!!!!! WTF!!!! I will have to work 5 days a week to earn the same credit! I thought Feb was the lowest block hours? Now, for March they are worse!

I heard the company decided to re-working of the pairings in Feb was deemed too costly, so they are going back to sh1t pairings!

The ONLY WAY to fight this is get 5 hours min day in the new contract! This will force the efficiency we deserve.

Everyone be safe!!!!

Last edited:
I'm amazed that people are acting suprised about this. People have been on here warning you that pairing construction would probably change under PBS. I'm also quite sure that they aren't done figuring out the many ways that they can spread the hurt with pairing manipulation under PBS.

I'm amazed that people are acting suprised about this. People have been on here warning you that pairing construction would probably change under PBS. I'm also quite sure that they aren't done figuring out the many ways that they can spread the hurt with pairing manipulation under PBS.

Then it's going to be KILLED in the JCBA!!!! It will get voted down 4000-0!!!

Then it's going to be KILLED in the JCBA!!!! It will get voted down 4000-0!!!

Which is exactly why I predict an email saying they are once again going to re-work the pairings.

Its time call and email the Reps and management.

For the record, CRJblahblah, I have never made excuses for the company. I have only said we should be realistic.

This is not realistic, and the company is about to find out.

Latest resources

Back