ASA July lines...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

goose32

Worst I've seen in 6 years. Kinda surprised this wasn't a thread already.
Down to just 17 nap lines, the line with most days off is only 16? Only 24 lines with 15 or more days off (16) Oh and they are ALL 4 DAYS.
WTF?

ahh they're just trying to piss us off ;)
oh don't forget those higher goals now :laugh:

Yup gonna have a great fourth, this is horrible 106 out of 398 200CA on reserve. Bet they'll still offer time and half and all red arrow days.

God-F-ing-damn these lines are the worst pile of monkey squeeze I have EVER seen!

-And 83% of our people think PBS is gonna make this better!

Last edited:
They're doing it because they know (think?) that all the pilots will do is whine about it and not take action.. Way too many kool-aid drinkers here and the company knows how to mix it up well.

With regard to PBS, I've heard that pilots are capped with the amount of opentime credit they can pick up. Can anyone confirm this?

Last edited:
They're doing it because they know (think?) that all the pilots will do is whine about it and not take action.. Way too many kool-aid drinkers here and the company knows how to mix it up well.

With regard to PBS, I've heard that pilots are capped with the amount of opentime credit they can pick up. Can anyone confirm this?

You are correct-sir! There are tons of KoolAid chuggers plying the hallways these days.. Depressing... People will excuse almost anything-Brad will make it all better! Funny how that uncomfortable feeling in our collective posterior is getting a bit worse-so soon after PBS was passed.. But we are doing "an incredible job." Aren't we? "GO-TEAM GO ASA, GO ASA, YAAAAAAAAY, GIT-IT-DONE" To paraphrase the undisputed queen of the punchbowl. No-kidding-we really do have someone that obnoxious.

I am not sure about the cap-but with crappy trips like this, who could pick anything up? I actually saw a 19-leg 4 day in there-with a the last overnight being 9 hours after a 6-leg day! I would be absolutely wasted. WTF junior?!?!?! Most of these trips are blocked so high that you really couldn't pick anything up if you wanted....

-Oh well. Welcome to the suck!

They should use reserves what they are for..... sick calls, vacation, and irregular operations. A pilot sitting and not flying waiting for one of these events is OK.. Its part of the cost of doing business. With all the open time they have, a lot more pilots could have lines. Instead they seem to leave trips in open time..... for what? To make sure all pilots fly above or at 75? I could make a good argument that we did not need PBS IF they had managed the current system better. I am in the top 30 and might not get a nap line. Me on a 4 day is more dangerous than me on the 3rd nap. LOL.....Good Grief.

Worst I've seen in 6 years. Kinda surprised this wasn't a thread already.
Down to just 17 nap lines, the line with most days off is only 16? Only 24 lines with 15 or more days off (16) Oh and they are ALL 4 DAYS.
WTF?

In IAD there is one line with 14 off, ten lines with 13 off, and the rest are 12 and 11.

I actually saw a 19-leg 4 day in there-with a the last overnight being 9 hours after a 6-leg day! I would be absolutely wasted.

I would fatigue that in half a second if I got it.

Latest resources

Back