ASA IAD UAX Summer Flying and Q400

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

777forever

So...what's the 200 gunna be doing up in IAD this summer now that the Q has been put on most of our routes?

You watch.......ASA will be out of IAD by fall. Any flying left over there will go to the XJT ERJ's.

Q400s in iAD have been coming for a while (Colgan operated), unless UAL is gonna pay some hefty fines for violating the 5 year contract with ASA, they'll find something for the 200s to do.

Q400s in iAD have been coming for a while (Colgan operated), unless UAL is gonna pay some hefty fines for violating the 5 year contract with ASA, they'll find something for the 200s to do.

Wonder if the 5 year contract specifies that it has to be IAD or ORD based flying. Oakum to answer your question I looked all around the United schedules in IAD and did not find any new routes that ASA CR2s got switched to so no I don't know where United has shifted our flying to.

My fear is, if the Q400s are coming to IAD, are the 200s going to EWR? Either that or they are moving us to ORD. Musical bases might be starting back up a ASA in the near future

Also, ASA needs to get back in the turboprop business ASAP or Pinnacle Corp is going to eat us alive and most of us will end up flying 900s outta Hanoi because that's the only place the growth is going! (sarcasm)

Last edited:
He makes the rumors, not sense of them.

This is no rumor. Check united.com skeds outta IAD in June. You might be surprised what ya see!

[FONT=ARIAL,]seeing DH4s on IAD to
SYR (2 of 4)
ALB (3 of 4),
BTV (3 of 3)
ORF (3 of 5)
[/FONT]

Last edited:
Also, ASA needs to get back in the turboprop business ASAP or Pinnacle Corp is going to eat us alive and most of us will end up flying 900s outta Hanoi because that's the only place the growth is going! (sarcasm)

This, in my opinion, is dead on accurate! ASA/SKYW had better jump on this, or will be put behind the power curve! The CR2 - especially the way Delta has them flying out of ATL/MEM - are useless and need to be replaced! Running these things on 30 min legs around Alabama and Georgia is a waste, and a larger, fast, fuel efficient next gen turbo prop is the way to go! If ASA lets Pinnacle get the big jump here, ASA could be the one standing when the music stops.......and that time is coming soon!

This, in my opinion, is dead on accurate! ASA/SKYW had better jump on this, or will be put behind the power curve! The CR2 - especially the way Delta has them flying out of ATL/MEM - are useless and need to be replaced! Running these things on 30 min legs around Alabama and Georgia is a waste, and a larger, fast, fuel efficient next gen turbo prop is the way to go! If ASA lets Pinnacle get the big jump here, ASA could be the one standing when the music stops.......and that time is coming soon!

Oh no.... props? What happened to props are for boats?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back