ASA Hiring???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Snapperhead said:
I'm sitting reserve on the CR7 and averaging about 12 hrs a month. Surprised reserve doesn't go senior with the CR7 folks who live in domicile.

There are some senior guys on the CR7 in ATL that the CS apes would love to get their hand on if they ever bid reserve. That's why they don't do it.

I have several friends that are still in the pool. Its going to be along time before ASA hires again. espicially when there arent even enough airplanes for the pilots they already have. But I do hear from pilot recruitment that they are looking to start hireing again in Jan......How is this possibe?

anyone knows, captain victor velasco

Hi!

ASA captain Victor Velasco, if anyone knows his address or phonenumber , or could look it up for me from your company list!

thanks

News from the top........ASA will not have another new hire class until atleast June 2004. And they already have tons of qualified applicants for the June class. Good luck everyone

Ace757 said:
News from the top........ASA will not have another new hire class until atleast June 2004. And they already have tons of qualified applicants for the June class. Good luck everyone
Spoke with an IP this week that said we have 50-some-odd E-120 transitions left to train, then they will be gearing up for new-hires again. I didn't quiz him further, except to just say "really?", since I was a bit shocked.

No details or confirmation. Just repeating what I heard. Ya' never know. The original estimate after the freeze was to start hiring again at year's end.

ACE757,

You don't know what you are talking about. That might be true, but you won't know it until it happens. Half of the "confirmed" rumors come true and it takes 4 times as long as they say. Don't believe anything until it happens. Who is your source at "the top"?

ASA will begin training on the last of the E-120 folks and at the end of the year we will have enough crews for every plane and then some. However, the excess is enough to cover 4 of the 15 RJ70's scheduled for next year and at 5 crews/plane, that's 110 new-hires. Then again, maybe we will furlough?

Poolies....Dont hold your breath, and if you are hoping to mget hired here anytime soon, well.......

In April I was somewhere around 80 in DFW on the RJ. In Sept, I will be around #180! That is for 108 lines! We will also have about 230 total FO's in DFW. for 110 lines or so! How many aircraft do we need to get to get all of us flying? It will take along time to catch up! And for all you guys that keep saying something big is about to happen, you can almost forget it! We are out of space in ATL, and DFW for that matter! Delta is not going to grow ASA AT ALL while in negotiations! And while I think of it, why is ASA the ONLY DCI carrier that has to share our hubs with multiple carriers? Comair is growing big in ATL.....and we share all the flying in DFW with Skywest and now CHQ....but Comair doesnt have share CVG, aside from a few ACA flights in the Dojet, and Skywest basically has SLC all to themselves! What is up with this?

Anyway, my point is that by the time we get enough growth to get almost 200 FO's back off reserve....it will be well into 2004 or even 2005. Many FO's here will be on reserve for 2-3 years, and upgrading at ASA....You can FORGET THAT!

Go to Skywest, Comair, or even Chatauqua!

Latest resources

Back