ASA...ExpressJet Displacement II

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Data

So what's the over/under on the next displacement bid? My guess is 17. In that case I'll say over at 18. But, is it 17 out of Atlanta or 17 out of Atlanta and Detroit.

They will wait until after the summer then do 20 fo/ca out of ATL. 10 50 seat and 10 70 seat. All the while the Express side hires 400 and upgrades who knows how many. Management will try to get a contract done but will never understand that the more they grow the Express side but then asks for consessions from their current CBA, there will never be any incentive for them to sign a JCBA. Getting a JCBA is a long ways away. ASA who now has FO's on 7th year pay that can't hold capt will only see that number move higher. ASA's only hope for movement is Delta hiring in 2013. ASA winning a RFP without a JCBA and knowing their costs is unlikely. As well as the smaller the ASA side gets the more expensive we become.

Did I miss a memo? Or is this just FI speculation?

Maybe we will be properly staffed for flying this summer, after all? We either need more pilots, or fewer airplanes......

It's not going to happen. It's cheaper to get dinged for the canceled flights than it is to staff it 'properly' and go fat for the rest of the year. The definition of insanity? Saying the same thing over and over; we're understaffed! This is the business model.

Latest resources

Back