• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA... err i mean Atlantic Southest....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Asa folk, can we at least get into an agreement that for forums sake, we call it ASA instead of Atlantic Southwest Airlines? I mean there so much we can text on our standard 9 number cell phones pads. I can't afford those stupid phones with my salary that has an actual keyboard.

This isn't an "Inc." thing. It is an ASA thing. The 500 aircraft "vision" is for ASA alone. Lofty goal, admittedly, but that is the goal.

Seeing as SkyWest had rougly twice the amount of aircraft that ASA does, somewhere near 300, and that they have hubs in LAX, SFO, PDX, SEA, SLC, DEN, MSP, MKE, and ORD, wouldn't it stand to reason that SkyWest has the better chance at becoming the world's first "super regional"? Jus' sayin'.

Seeing as SkyWest had rougly twice the amount of aircraft that ASA does, somewhere near 300, and that they have hubs in LAX, SFO, PDX, SEA, SLC, DEN, MSP, MKE, and ORD, wouldn't it stand to reason that SkyWest has the better chance at becoming the world's first "super regional"? Jus' sayin'.

Good greif. Get over the penis envy already. They are just repeating what BH said in front of the crowd. Direct from the ASA website:
“Atlantic Southeast Airlines is committed to connecting more people, more often, to the places they love, by becoming the world’s first super regional airline that: - Flies to 50 states - Operates 500 aircraft
-
Carries 50 million people”

And so what if ASA grows some while SKW doesn't. You'll live just like we did.

Good grief. Get over the penis envy already. We are only saying what is on the ASA website!

And so what if ASA grows some while SKW doesn't. You'll live just like we did.

After chewing on this for awhile, I feel that it is pretty disingenuous of ASa management to make bold, unfounded, outlandish statements like this.. It is one thing to have a goal, but to throw something out there that is seemingly unattainable without backing it up with any plan is irresponsible. First off, Skywest inc. owns ASa, and makes all and any decision on where ASa flies, what aircraft and from what hubs. Has ASa management ran their goals and visions past the big boys in Utah? What say them? My guess is laughter. Sure! We'll grow the Union boys at ASa, whose costs are higher, to double the size of Skywest, and overlap their routes into the western states. (Which is what they stated they were NOT going to do when ASa was aquired.)

To make these goals without simply stating one way to go about achieving them is purely lip-service. A huge "feel-good" in the wake of years of trying times. We still are about to lose 6 more airframes. Betting on getting flying from Mesa to me is a long-shot. There will be plenty of vultures to scramble for that if it ever happens, not the least of which is Skywest themselves would certainly jump on for their side. Count Expressjet, Pinnacle, AirWisconsin as others who would make a play.

The whole thing reeks of hype and sensationalism to bolster the re-branding of the company. How are they going to look a few years down the road when nothing materializes? What kind of credibility will they have? What if in 2 or 3 years there is zero growth and ASa still has furloughs? What is their timetable for achieving this, or even simply moving towards it? To make these grandiose claims in the wake of all this seems to me to be complete nonsense.

Latest resources

Back