Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

COOPERVANE

Member since 1967
I'm embarrassed to admit that I JUST found out about ExpressJets meltdown because of our totally inept crew scheduling system. Actully inept is a kind term, I don't know of a word that describes the skill-set of our management.

For those at ASA that don't know, we had some "operational challenges" that affected the ExpressJet side of the operation. You won't read about the TOTAL meltdown on ourASA. Our counterparts were forced to cancel MANY flights due to lack of crews and aircraft even though many were standing around, trying to contact scheduling. Some were already boarded and ready to push from the gate. Aircraft and crews sitting around and nothing but a busy signal from CS. Rufusal to comply with the contract, instances of being hung up on, no hotels being booked, etc..

I was told for the first time since I started at ASA that the CS supervisor wasn't gonna talk to me. REFUSED to take my call. That my friends is becoming the norm and is unacceptable.

We are being managed by Billy Bob with a 8 year old PC that his niece Tommy-Sue built from used parts.

Basically your life is being run by a messenger that AT BEST got a GED, possibly while serving a long jail sentence. His/her supervisor hates you and feels that it is beneath them to take your call.

"Damm greedy pilots bothering me with all this whining about contracts and such, all while I'm stuck in this hellhole cubicle with a TRS-80 making $8.25/hr"
You get the idea.

This is CERTAIN to garner attention from UniCal and the results may not be pretty.

To the ExpressJetters.......I'm so sorry...... There's nothing else I can say. You're on Candid Camera????

It's all good, we just canned roughly 20% of the entire weekend operation despite having crews in place. They denied us hotels, called us during our "rest" periods and generally fumbled the ball on every carry. There's no need to apologize man, this happened to us back in 07 too when we launched branded and delta. We are in this together and we've gotta hold firm on getting a good contract with work rules in place that hedge this bs. Xjet's contract was consistently violated this weekend, this isnt going to be cheap to fix. I'd hate to see the amount of days to restore, vacation days to add to next year and amount of add pay to be processed. They wanna cut corners and run us lean? Well, Here's what happens Larry.

Asa crew scheduling at it's finest. These are the same people that last week simply forgot to run the reserve bid awards. Then, after they ran them forgot/ refused to put them into SkedPlus for another full day.

Welcome to the suck... Unfortunately this is pretty standard for the folks over there. Next will be an email from Brad or Charlie about some "operational challenges" that will surely end with one of them saying "Thanks for all you do" and telling us we need to work harder to help make up for it.

It's a total mess. When you combine a company that has incompetent schedulers and a pilot group that is sick and tired this is he result. The contract is a joke, the company will push the limit to their benefit and the pilots disregard things that inconvenience them saying the company breaks the contract anyways....

I was told by asa high ups "we're hiring new schedulers so that's the problem right now". The problem, this weekend in part is they rushed to get us off CCS and onto sked+ to save some money. But they didn't test sked+ nearly enough to ensure a smooth transition. It should have ran behind the scenes for months not a week. They didn't even know where crews were! The other problem is complete and total scheduling department incompetence. Oh and we're having to watch our pay like hawks, I've put in 7 pay claims in sept & oct. They shorted me near 22hrs of total pay, so we're doing payrolls job too

I was told by asa high ups "we're hiring new schedulers so that's the problem right now". The problem, this weekend in part is they rushed to get us off CCS and onto sked+ to save some money. But they didn't test sked+ nearly enough. It should have ran behind the scenes for months not a week. They didn't even know where crews were! The other problem is complete and total scheduling department incompetence.

Buddy, I hate to tell you this, but we've been on sched + for years now and they don't know where we are. Incompetence is a huge under statement....there really isn't a word that describes the level of idiocy in crew scheduling.....welcome to the party

My issue is this - we have serious operational issues at this new "SUPER REGIONAL" Many things need to be fixed, people need to be replaced in certain departments.... But we have time for gay programs like "aceypalooza" and the other touchy feely programs our HR comes up with? How about you fix the issues and make us a leading performer again. None of these issues are the pilots fault (they never are). It's the HR doing what they want wasting money and resources, management doesn't wanna fire his buddy or hurt his brother in laws feeling in X dept, same ole same ole.

Latest resources

Back