• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA AQP--- if you know the scenarios, please PM me

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All of these questions about AQP posted on here...Don't you guys talk to each other online at all???

No, we don't talk on the all-male chat rooms. We have families and stuff to tend to. How about you post them or shut up. We want to be prepared for training and perform well, just like all the pilots who get the scenarios from their friends or family in the training department. The company should actually train all potential abnormalities that may occur on any LOE scenario. That is proper flight training. Until they train the scenarios or make them available to the pilot group, we will play this unnecessary game of fishing for information; especially the pilots who have AQP in January, when the scenarios are not well known. Last year, there were a few abnormalities in the AQP session that were never trained, for example, stuck throttle. Instead of watching the crew fumble around the QRH for 20 minutes and screw it up, it would be more efficient to learning to teach the optimal procedures before presenting the condition. By the way, this forum is online, Jackass

Last edited:
I wish someone had the balls to post them on this thread. If I get them, I will do it. I am still a Certified Flight Instructor. It's a professional obligation to my brethren.

I think he meant "on the line" but in his extremely limited wisdom he typed "online".

I appreciate the translation. Even if it was meant in the context of "on the line", that is a limited pool of individuals to get AQP gouge information from, especially for pilots who only do naps and such. Those pilots may only interact with 3 other dudes or gals per month. The gouge needs to be disseminated more evenly and equitably. If the LOE AQP training event was not a jeopardy event, then I wouldn't care, but since it is, it needs to be approached and administered correctly and fairly. The company provides oral exam guides on the company website, and the old proficiency checks were common knowledge. This new AQP event should not be any different. I don't see the value in experimenting with pilot evaluations, particularly when the playing field is not level.

So, you want to "practice" an "emergency" so you'll "perform well" handling an emergency that you've "practiced" to see if you'd actually "perform well" when you are required to handle an ACTUAL emergency that arises unexpectedly and suddenly with your life and 52 (at least) others possibly hanging on the successful outcome of the way you handle something you have not "practiced"?

Sounds like a really solid plan...

So, you want to "practice" an "emergency" so you'll "perform well" handling an emergency that you've "practiced" to see if you'd actually "perform well" when you are required to handle an ACTUAL emergency that arises unexpectedly and suddenly with your life and 52 (at least) others possibly hanging on the successful outcome of the way you handle something you have not "practiced"?

:beer:

Precisely. Emergencies and scenarios that an airmen is familiar with and well practiced and trained for will have more favorable outcomes during actual passenger service. That's why we train engine fires, engine failures, and smoke events, as well as other abnormalities. Presenting novel and unfamiliar abnormalities during a simulator testing session is a hit and miss evaluation. It's not optimal training in a $600 an hour simulator. Furthermore, pilots who have had the luxury of being briefed and informed of the AQP scenarios will perform differently than pilots who have not been informed. This fact alone invalidates the entire evaluation of the airmen's reaction the the AQP abnormality or "Threat Condition", because some pilots know what's coming and the others do not. Therefore, the training department should train or at least provide a briefing of all potential abnormalities for the AQP scenarios in the interest of an accurate evaluation of the pilot group, and also to facilitate a more comprehensive understanding of the abnormality or threat and an optimal pilot response.

Latest resources

Back