ASA and Logbook pro

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

enuffalready

Any ASA pilot that uses LBP. I have a question about e-trip, and loading the schedules... please send me PM so I can ask.

thanks

Under skedplus, for each month, go to the export tab and export as CSV (I use decimal). Save it somewhere on your computer. Open logbook pro. Logbook pro is a relatively crap program so you have to make sure you got all the columns that you want before you start importing because, if you forget a column, you can't just add it later and transfer your hours in. You either do line by line, or start over again.

Anyways, in logbook pro, go to import and find the file. It'll pull up the excel document in a window and you check the box for each column and select where you want each box to go. Assuming you set all the parameters right (checked all the right boxes for the aircraft profile--turbine, multi, etc...) it'll automatically load the hours.

I recommend playing with one month to make sure everything goes where it should before you load the rest. That way if you find that you've missed a box or forgot to add a column, you can find the problem early on and just start over with one month instead of finding out after you loaded the last 2 years like I did.

Last edited:
Logbook pro is a relatively crap program so you have to make sure you got all the columns that you want before you start importing because, if you forget a column, you can't just add it later and transfer your hours in. You either do line by line, or start over again.

This is technically true within the program itself, but there is an easy fix. Export your logbook to Excel, add the necessary info, save and import to LBP. I had to do this very thing several years ago to add a Turbine PIC column. Since I could copy and paste flight times to this new column, it took only a few minutes to make the change.

This is technically true within the program itself, but there is an easy fix. Export your logbook to Excel, add the necessary info, save and import to LBP. I had to do this very thing several years ago to add a Turbine PIC column. Since I could copy and paste flight times to this new column, it took only a few minutes to make the change.

That is genius. I wish I thought of that before--would have saved me a lot of headache.

Guys, you don't have to export to Excel and add anything. Simply add rules that autofill columns in LBP on import. Just click the 'autofill' checkbox on import.

Yes but once you have already made the columns and autofilled, and you decide later you forgot to add a column or need to add a new column, it won't transfer the old hours into the new column. And that's true--straight from Logbook pro customer support.

Latest resources

Back