ASA and having a baby

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

goose32

I have spoken to many about this and have yet to get a concrete answer. I also looked over the FMLA info. I was hoping someone on here might have had some recent experience.
If I use FMLA can I use the sick time in my sick bank so I can still make some $$? I have heard it answered both ways.
I am concerned that if I do FMLA I won't be paid because I can't use my sick time b/c I am not the one "sick/injured"...my wife is. If that is the case I would plan on just calling in sick and not bother with FMLA. Thanks for any info or who you think I could reach for the real answer.

ummm....i am currently on FMLA, however I am using it for myself (MED leave section 9 in the contract) not only can you use sick time, YOU HAVE TO! and you get paid for your sick time. also, you can use vacation time if you have any left AND you can use vacation you've accrued for next year if you so choose. the company would not mind selling you next years vacation at this years rate.

;) I would just call in sick until your sick time runs out then use your fmla.

Have had two kids at ASA and you can use your vacation but not sick time. Todd M. is a great guy and will help you out with any questions.

If I use FMLA can I use the sick time in my sick bank so I can still make some $$?

The law - as I understand it - is actually silent on this issue. It is determined by Company policy. Some employers, particularly those with 'paid time off' benefits, will allow you to use accrued sick time when FMLA leave is to care for a family member. In the airline industry it is rare.

Sick leave can only be claimed if the employee is sick. Hmm Has anyone ever called in for a trip and they weren't sick? I am sure that the majority of us are guilty of that once or twice in our lifetimes.
I would use my sick time then my vacation then fmla. The company isn't going to look after you, why look after the company when it comes to this. It's like the military (former Marine) they don't care if you have a kid, just be there for work.
They can't prove you're not sick. Hence morning sickness and other ailments that come along with it.
You can't take your sick time with you, I use it once a year whether I am sick or not. Sometimes you just need more time off, might as well get paid for it.
:beer:

Latest resources

Back