• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AS Recalls?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wonder how the guys overlooking the lake will react to JB's planned service from LGB to ANC? Maybe AS should start challenging JB on some of their trans-cons? Any rumors out there??

(2) Any month in which pilots are on furlough may not be
designated by the Company as a flex up month unless
it is to facilitate the training of pilots returning from

furlough.

...There's always a way around things...:rolleyes:

Great, so we have 18 months of flex up coming.

flex up

No, only six months per year may be "flexed up" per base.

12.E. Pay and Flight Time Credit

Monthly Maximum: Eighty-five Credited Hours (85) shall

constitute the monthly maximum, except as modified by / /

paragraph 12.E.1.a or other provisions in this Agreement:
a.

Flex Up Months: Up to six (6) bid months a year may be

designated as flex up months.

(1) During such months, the monthly guarantee as
defined in Section 4.A.1.a [Bid Block Holder] and the
monthly maximum as defined in paragraph 12.E.1
may be increased by up to three hours (3) in thirty
minute (00:30) increments. These flex up months
may be used at any base and/or position during any
month. The Company will have a total of fifteen
hours (15) to flex up in each base and/or position
in any calendar year.

I agree it is a stretch to say you need to flex up a base the size of Seattle by two hours when you have so few pilots returning per month. Legal? Unfortunately. Do I agree with their actions? No. But, they have "painted themselves into a corner. . . "

Last edited:
Yeah, that might be another "area of opportunity" when our next contract comes up for discussion. That and scope. And bidding. And. . .

Anybody know the status of the latest bunch of recalls...as in when are they going to start showing up on the slave (sr.translation=reserve) list. The reserve numbers are really low for December in ANC.

Anybody know the status of the latest bunch of recalls...as in when are they going to start showing up on the slave (sr.translation=reserve) list. The reserve numbers are really low for December in ANC.
Bid 2011-04 Results Announced
The results of system bid 2011-04 were published Tuesday. This bid, effective April 1st, resulted in 12 vacancies. While we hope that each of these vacancies will be filled by recalling pilots from involuntary furlough, management can cancel any or all of the vacancies until the bid effective date. Your MEC and committee volunteers will continue to advocate strongly on behalf of all of our furloughed brothers and sisters, and we sincerely hope all 12 vacancies will be filled with pilots returning from involuntary furlough.

I know what the effective dates of the bids are but the guys that came back a couple weeks ago are hopefully going to hit the line way before their January 31 effective date. I was wondering if anybody had any idea when that might be.

Latest resources

Back