AS Recalls?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I find this interesting:

Base Change, No Training - If you are awarded a position that does not require any training (base change only), you will bid in your new position effective April 1, 2010 unless otherwise notified.​

I think it means bid in April for June flying?? or is it bid in March for your position in base April 1?

No. Bid awards can be moved 2 months either way. So this is in essence effective April 1. That's why the bid had to come out today, because they need 60 days advance notice to open a new base.

Last edited:
Go easy on the "recall" word. Just because the numbers are different doesn't mean a recall of anyone out involuntarily.

We won't know any more until 01MAR.

There are reasons contained in the CBA for bid advancements or bid delays. There are very few times the company can do this. I know this was done in the past, but it is a direct violation of our CBA. Bascially CM didn't like to play by the rules of the CBA and it was recently brought to light.

Change in Directors or Principal Officers

ITEM 5.02 Departure of Directors or Principal Officers; Election of Directors; Appointment of Principal Officers
On January 27, 2010 the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors (the "Committee") of Alaska Air Group, Inc. (the "Company") approved the payouts for the 2009 Performance-Based Pay plan. The payouts are based on the Company's 2009 performance relative to safety, customer satisfaction, and financial performance goals established by the Committee for the year. The payouts were as follows:
Mr. Ayer, $620,585; Mr. Tilden, $439,577; Mr. Johnson, $387,863; Mr. Minicucci, $323,215; and Mr. Pinneo, $339,216.
The Committee also approved the 2010 performance criteria pursuant to which awards may be paid to executive officers and other employees participating in the Performance-Based Pay plan as follows. Subject to the terms of the plan, participants will be eligible to receive payments if the Company achieves certain operational and financial performance criteria over the full year. The primary measures for 2010 and the relative weightings given to each measure are the Company's pre-tax profit margin (70%), cost per available seat mile excluding fuel (10%), safety as measured by lost time injuries per full time equivalent employee and aircraft ground damage per 10,000 departures (10%), and customer satisfaction as measured by total number of times each airline meets or exceeds the monthly Operational Performance Rewards customer satisfaction goal (10%). For all employees, Performance-Based Pay payouts will be subject to an additional performance modifier that could increase, decrease, or maintain payout levels. The modifier is based upon the dollar value of ancillary revenues collected per passenger.
This will make all of yus furloughed guys sleep better.

CM didn't like to play by the rules of the CBA and it was recently brought to light.

Thanks goodness she's gone or this bid would take MONTHS for her to figure out. She goofed that one month displacement bid in April so bad I think it cost her her job. I would expect the current bid to have PLENTY of %'s in place for each base.

Do you all think if one holds different bases for each bid that the June bid will be the actual bid or will one swap to each base as assigned?

Baja.

I find this interesting:

Base Change, No Training - If you are awarded a position that does not require any training (base change only), you will bid in your new position effective April 1, 2010 unless otherwise notified.

I think they are watching you! It just got changed.

Base Change, No Training - If you are awarded a position that does not require any training (base change only), you will bid in your new position effective June 1, 2010 unless otherwise notified.​

Latest resources

Back