Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sydeseet

Huge Member
20+ years in the making and the big day is upon us. Whattayathinks fellas, are we ready for this? I've been to the class,studied the manual (stop laughing I'm serious) and think I know how tokeep traffic alerts to a minimum. I'm still a little nervousabout the next few weeks though; plenty of potential for a majorleague, FAA style, old school airborne cluster.

Any thoughts?

icon34.gif

sydeseet said:
20+ years in the making and the big day is upon us.Whattayathinks fellas, are we ready for this? I've been to theclass,studied the manual (stop laughing I'm serious) and think I knowhow tokeep traffic alerts to a minimum. I'm still a little nervousaboutthe next few weeks though; plenty of potential for a majorleague, FAAstyle, old school airborne cluster.

Any thoughts?

http://forums.flightinfo.com/images/icons/icon34.gif

All I know is I hope I'm flying at 3:01 CST when it goes in effect so Ican request FL380 and be the first to officially fly in the new FlightLevels. Do you think I'd make it into the aviation history books?:D

I'm sure the FAA has watched closely the transformation that occured in Europe over the last few years. At first, you're going to see problems in high density areas (NY, ATL, DC, etc.) getting aircraft situated, but I think it will be short-lived. The problem will be getting into the SUA with the large number of "non-approved" a/c that will be maneuvering at FL280.

I personally welcome RVSM and the added flight levels. I can't count how many times I had to stop in the high 30s for weight or performance issues when I couldn't climb from, say, FL390 to FL430. However, FL410 would be perfect but for the wrong direction I'd be denied my request. Same holds true for even flight levels. This dramatically increases our operational flexibility.

My biggest concern remains the owner/operator flying a CJ or soon to be certified "light-jets" who, while having been properly certified, doesn't keep up with the required knowledge and practice. This will certainly throw a snowball in equation.

2000Flyer

2000flyer said:
I can't count how many times I had to stop in the high 30s for weight or performance issues when I couldn't climb from, say, FL390 to FL430. 2000Flyer

Should not be a problem anymore ;)

Latest resources

Back