Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Turtlesfly

Need a room check?
It struck me as I was reviewing for recurrent . . .

maybe as a pilot group we are like the hostages. In this industry for the longest time it has pretty much been nothing recently but threats. I'm even talking pre-2001. And certainly after 2001 it was BK's, cancelled retirements, threats of layoffs, actual layoffs, demands to give up QOL, firing probie's, whip-sawing, alter-ego airlines, etc . . . .

. . . is it possible that we've been abused for so long that when they come to us now to ask for more concessions we start to feel sorry for the company because times are tough and say, "well . . . . . . . . . . . . okay, just one more time."

Thoughts?

maybe as a pilot group we are like the hostages. In this industry for the longest time it has pretty much been nothing recently but threats. I'm even talking pre-2001. And certainly after 2001 it was BK's, cancelled retirements, threats of layoffs, actual layoffs, demands to give up QOL, firing probie's, whip-sawing, alter-ego airlines, etc . . . .

. . . is it possible that we've been abused for so long that when they come to us now to ask for more concessions we start to feel sorry for the company because times are tough and say, "well . . . . . . . . . . . . okay, just one more time."

Thoughts?
Well, my only thought to that is that we have nothing left to give.......'cept blood maybe and I am scheduled to give that in divorce court.....she left me for a guy that has a real paying job - he's a garbage man.

I hate to say it but Pilots need to take action against this crap, we need to take our futures into our own hands and walk without the Union's approval. And I mean everyone just quit.

Thoughts?

Good point. Certainly, there are many that suffer from it. And we all get to pay the price for those feeble-minded fools.

Thoughts?

No not one more time, most of us are already operating under concession, there is nothing more to give period.

Well maybe I should have posted this under the majors board, then. My wild prediction: just watch - some pilot group will give conessions here shortly. XJT might be the first . . .

Well maybe I should have posted this under the majors board, then. My wild prediction: just watch - some pilot group will give conessions here shortly. XJT might be the first . . .

Sadly, I think you're right. And I think it's a very good point. Somehow, the pilots - especially the union types - are the very ones touting the argument that if we don't take concessions we're going to ruin our companies, because management is already doing all they can and we have to be reasonable, blah, blah, blah...

It makes me sick. Unfortunately, I don't see any way to get through to these guys - believe me, I've tried, and I'll keep on trying until I get smart and distance myself and my future from the rest of them.

XJT will not be giving money back, I would rather be furloughed than take a pay cut . It has to stop somewhere. It has gotten to the point where this job isn't worth saving, I hope I look back 40 years from now and see that our pay now is the lowest it ever was during my career. Just take a look at the history of pilot pay cuts and see if it ever helped the company and if they every got it back.....

Latest resources

Back