Are Spirit furloughs possible?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hate2bL8

anybody know for sure. spoke with some guys from Airbus in Miami who said they heard "spirit might put some guys on the street" I hope this is just a rumor!!

anybody know for sure. spoke with some guys from Airbus in Miami who said they heard "spirit might put some guys on the street" I hope this is just a rumor!!

OMG! What will the ERAU new hires do? They don't have any experience! They'll have to...gasp!...flight instruct or something like that!

Last edited:
not true, we're still hiring into the summer

I wish you guys the best, but didn't Aloha run a class a month or so before they closed?

I don't think the normal signs of trouble can be used to accurately predict anything for any of us anymore.

I wish you guys the best, but didn't Aloha run a class a month or so before they closed?

I don't think the normal signs of trouble can be used to accurately predict anything for any of us anymore.

Anything is POSSIBLE, but there are no current signs of any impending reduction, actually the opposite is true.

You mean current signs like 100+ oil, recession, expensive leases and cheap pax. Do tell. I think we are all on shaky ground.
No offense to any Spirit folks.

Luckly for us at Spirit it is a privately held company...so we can see the impending doom...and will hear about us closing while driving to work.

anything to the fact that it seems like alot of airbus operators with financial problems lately?just coincidence? great airplane though

Two words regarding the Airbus "EVENT HORIZON"

Airbus=lower initial cost of ownership that increases over time

B737=higher initial cost of ownership that decreases over time

So Airbi (the plural of may Airbus) cost less to acquire and maintain in the first 7 years. While the Boeing 737 cost more to acquire and maintain in the first 7 years. After 7 years the opposite is true, the Airbus cost more to maintain and the B737's maintenance costs decrease over time.

Spirit loads for 4/12 were 78%

Latest resources

Back