• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone heard from NWA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't understand what you mean by "penalize"?

You recommend someone. They don't get hired...or they goon it before they're off probation. You can't use your head-of-the-line recommendation fora year after that.

That's a "penalty"?

What is the penalty? Do they cut your pay? Make you bid red-eyes? How exactly are you harmed by losing your recommendations for a year?

What am I missing here?

Occam,
Think of all the IOUs, beers, bribes, night with the wives... you'll miss out on over a 12 month period.

Schwanker

You recommend someone. They don't get hired...or they goon it before they're off probation. You can't use your head-of-the-line recommendation fora year after that.

That's a "penalty"?

What is the penalty? Do they cut your pay? Make you bid red-eyes? How exactly are you harmed by losing your recommendations for a year?

What am I missing here?

Occam - when do I get your silver bullet? For a career at NWA, I'll even buy you a 6.95 steak dinner at Shoney's!! Come on, that's quite a deal!! ;)

That's a "penalty"?

The "penalty" I'm thinking of is not being able to recommend someone with the silver bullet - ever again. You had said " If the candidate tubes it...no more "Silver Bullet" for the pilot giving the rec." with no mention of a time limit. Now you're saying 12 months - that makes a difference.

I may think Joe Blow is a great pilot and would be a great employee, but I have no control over what he's like in the interview or what information might come out in the interview that I don't know about. I just though it was unfair to bar someone from recommending someone using the silver bullet if you guy screws the interview up.

If the guy turns down the job or leaves in first year - sure - I can understand that. But when you recommend someone, you have little control over what happens in an interview.

Also - how does the process work? Does the recommender fill out a form? Visit the a chief pilot? Inquiring minds want to know! ;-)

Hi!

I read on other posts that most of the new hires would go to the Airbus or -757 and that less than half would go to the -9.

cliff
ILN

Check you address with them!

The pilots getting called in tommorrow are those who were in the pre-9/11 pool.

They should not have to be "called in for an interview". That is so unethical! As an HR Director, I would never allow that! If they were good enough to put in the pool prior to 9/11, they are good enough now, subject to the screening, etc.

That is what makes NWA not a good place in which to work, IMHO.

HRDiva

Swam in the pool til the water dried up....

Just wondering???

I was offered employment by NWA in May of 2001 but never made it to class (Still have the congratulation letter). Then after 9/11 I did get the letter that said they would contact me again when they resumed hiring.

Well, I am still waiting??? For those of you that are in the same position and was waiting for classes, when did you interview and what did they say about the interview process this time around.

Thanks.

Hmmm..... I was in the same boat - still have all the letters. I did update my contact info with them over the last couple of years by letter (never got a response) - haven't heard from them yet. I haven't put an application in yet this time around, so I haven't contacted them yet either.... but nothing from them out of the blue.

Anyone else?

New info:

I reached a woman today in HR. I was told there was a new woman there and maybe this was her. The conversation happened so quickly I did not get the name. But this is what I was told...

They are working on an electronic reference system like the one at air apps where you input the email of your insider and they are sent a notification. Your sponsor then returns the email and it is filed. They have many resumes on file and she said they have not sorted them in categories yet.

Having talked with some HR people from other legacy carriers it seems the average time is around 4000 total. 7000 was near the top of the heap. No calls have been made yet from the info I was given.

Good Luck out there,

Well on the application it asks "how did you hear about employment at NWA?" If the referral you listed was a current NWA pilot would this constitue as the "silver bullet?" Just curious exactly how this program is gonna work.

Still the 9

Hi!

I read on other posts that most of the new hires would go to the Airbus or -757 and that less than half would go to the -9.

cliff
ILN
Most new hires still go to the 9. Some may go to the bus. I don't think you will see any/many go to the 75. There is always that 1 slim chance if there would be an unfilled vacancy, but there are plenty waiting in line for the 75 right now. With awards made every month, it is highly unlikely. Things can change rapidly though. What holds today may not necessarily work tomorrow. Cheers.

I have heard all newhires will go to the DC-9 because if they hire into the 320 or 757 then it will break the seatlocks for the pilots on those aircraft.

Latest resources

Back