• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone heard from Air Wisconsin yet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Personally I'd hope that all the AWAC furloughees are in class before any of us NJA types got an interview.

And that is why no one has be invited for an interview, yet.

It's a tough market out there right now. More so than when I was looking for a job, post 9/11. But keep the faith, and call in all favor's from past coworkers. I used to swing gear for a 'gent who is now "hoping to swing gear for me"...some 8 years later.

Best of luck to all...

Why do people want to break down the doors to work here? We have no future after 2015 when our agreement with US Air runs out.
Also this past weekend, amidst the snowstorm, many of us could not get to work and we were forced to talk to a flight manager who yelled at us, called us unprofessional and we were given no shows. I live 30 minutes from PHL and could not get there due to the snowstorm last Saturday. I was told I should have gotten a hotel near the airport.
When pilots call in sick or fatigued or refuse a junior manning assignment management threatens us with discipline.
Our REPS have been on the phone non-stop, but are getting no where as management wants to bully us.
Our maintnance stinks as our planes are breaking like an epidemic. Even one of our REPS is out due to a pressurization problem damaging one of his ears.
DO you really want to work in an enviroment like this?

It's quite simple. People love to fly. I'm not sure why we don't recognize that. People will do anything for a flying job. All the regionals are "********************ty" in regards to management, 'no future', etc.

The "Do I have a future campaign" for Air Wisconsin should have been applied to the entire industry.

Good luck to getting a job at Air Wis and back up in the sky!

Why do people want to break down the doors to work here? We have no future after 2015 when our agreement with US Air runs out.
Also this past weekend, amidst the snowstorm, many of us could not get to work and we were forced to talk to a flight manager who yelled at us, called us unprofessional and we were given no shows. I live 30 minutes from PHL and could not get there due to the snowstorm last Saturday. I was told I should have gotten a hotel near the airport.
When pilots call in sick or fatigued or refuse a junior manning assignment management threatens us with discipline.
Our REPS have been on the phone non-stop, but are getting no where as management wants to bully us.
Our maintnance stinks as our planes are breaking like an epidemic. Even one of our REPS is out due to a pressurization problem damaging one of his ears.
DO you really want to work in an enviroment like this?

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA And this is supposed to be the one of the best regional to work for.

ABANDON ALL YEE HOPE THOSE WHO ENTER THE REGIONALS!

It's quite simple. People love to fly. I'm not sure why we don't recognize that. People will do anything for a flying job. All the regionals are "********************ty" in regards to management, 'no future', etc.

The "Do I have a future campaign" for Air Wisconsin should have been applied to the entire industry.

Good luck to getting a job at Air Wis and back up in the sky!

Unfortunately, we are our own worst enemies. We will stab each other in the back for a job or advancement. I remember the Pay For Training epidemic in the 90's. there was no shortage of pilots willing to do this. There is no shortage of pilots willing to fly for $18,000 a year.
Trust me, if they said starting pay was $400/wk and have to perform fellatio, there still would be no shortage of eager applicants.

Air Willy H.R. dept. has always been skittish, I interviewed there early 80's having lost two jobs due to bankruptcy..(gotta love Cal in the early days..), I was told by the HR lady I had an unstable employment history, and was turned down for that specific reason...seemed the only change there is that it went from an outstanding outfit to the same crap as every other regional..sad...

Unfortunately, we are our own worst enemies. We will stab each other in the back for a job or advancement. I remember the Pay For Training epidemic in the 90's. there was no shortage of pilots willing to do this. There is no shortage of pilots willing to fly for $18,000 a year.
Trust me, if they said starting pay was $400/wk and have to perform fellatio, there still would be no shortage of eager applicants.

I actually spit the bottle of water I was drinking all over the screen when I read the fellatio part...TOO FUNNY! And probably not far from the truth....

I have been here a litle more than four years. I am stuck as an FO with no relief in sight. When I first got here. I was amazed there were no MELs on the planes. And they would use MELs to get the planes into Mx bases and get them cleared. That is no longer the case and many of our planes have MEL'd seats and APUs. Our planes inside and out are very filthy, and our managment treats us like dirt. If I wanted this, I would have accepted the job at Mesa. But then again, I rode in a Mesa 900 and it was pretty clean.
What I am saying is Air Wisconsin is not the place it once was. Those days are long gone. We are treated this way and told if you don't like it, then leave. But where is there to go? And they know for each person who leaves, at least 10 others are dying to get that job.

Latest resources

Back