• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone hear of a FDX class in Dec?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Looks like I'll be last in my class...my last 4 starts with a 0.

Looks like I'll be last in my class...my last 4 starts with a 0.

Not necessarily, My last four starts with a zero as well, and there were three guys behind me! In fact the guy just in front of me started with a zero as well. Pretty weird for a class of 12 guys.

Does it really matter out of a class of 10-15? Especially when the total number of pilots at Fed Ex is something like 7K. Besides, it's not like there is a lot of different aircraft to choose from in the new hire class. Isn't everyone going to be sitting sideways on the 727 in MEM? Just curious.

Actually, FedEx has a little under 4300 pilots on the list right now and your seniority in the calss can make a difference. My class was offered 8 DC-10 S.O. slots and the rest 727 S.O. slots. I was lucky to have a high number for my last four so I had a choice. I don't know if we will be hiring into the back of the DC-10 this year but you never know. Good luck.

NightFlyer

Nightflyer,
I am currently flying for Air Wisconsin and am waiting in the pool to get a call for a class date. I was looking at buying a new travel bag, (NET STUFF), my travel Pro is on its last leg. It's also time to buy some more shirts. Does FDX supply you with any of this stuff when you start class? Or should I just fork over some cash and buy it myself?
Thanks

Every number counts

Everything you do, even in training, is based on your number. There's nothing you can do about your number, but in a class of 24 (like Dec's) that can make the difference in being able to get the reserve line you want or having to take the last one left, immediately upon hitting the line. Yes, most new hires go into the back of the 727 but you never know, as NightFlyer mentioned.

Fedex: You will get a $300 uniform allowance during the first year and part of the basic indoc week is a trip over to the uniform store. You get $150 per year after that. I would wait because they are pretty particular about the uniform items coming from the approved vendors. Luggage is not part of the deal on uniforms however.

Latest resources

Back