Anyone going to AirTran Int 14 May?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Lifter

Was wondering if anyone is going to the 14 or 15 May AirTran interview? Also, are you planning on doing the practice simulator with AirInc?

AirTran interview

Just got the call today and will be interviewing on the 14th. Will probably do the sim prep the day before but don't know for sure. Send me a e-mail if you're interested in sharing the sim prep.

As much as I hate to say it, I would spend the money and do the sim check. It's not like hopping in a real sim, or in an aircraft. It's a strange contraption, and being comfortable in it beforehand would probably be a good thing.

Sorry i don;t have any current gouge for you. I interviewed 2 years ago, and it was a different deal then.

Good luck

I wouldn't waste the time or money. True it is a little touchy, but when I interviewed a while back, one of the 2 people they offered jobs to the day I was there didn't do it and he said he didn't do too well in the sim. Meanwhile I know for a fact others had the thing wired and were turned down. It seems like the sim is not that big of a deal. They even tell you they aren't looking for perfection. Either way, good luck. It seems like more are getting turned down than hired these days. I guess they are in a position to be ultra picky.

http://www.aviationinterviews.com/

The latest gouges in there are for the most part pretty accurate. The Diplomat Hotel will provide transportation to and from the AirInc. center where the interviews are being held.

The sim is a mutant contraption of MS Flight Simulator surrounded by a FRASCA shell. The entire instrument panel is displayed on the monitor. The parameters are of a MD-81 as they call it.

Good Luck.

I am in the training department and so have talked with many of our newhires. Also friends of mine have interviewed. One did not get the job...busted the sim profile. He was my sim partner at a previous airline and is a dam good stick but he thought it would be no big deal.

IF YOU WANT THE JOB GET THE SIM PREP!

Or you might just be wasting your time...after all a lot of jobs are out thier for pilots these days...Home Depot...Sears....Carwash....etc.

Good Luck to all, really.:D

Last edited:
I interviewd with Airtran on april 23, And have to say you will bust the sim if you do not prep. It doesn't even matter what your flying now either. I'm flying a 1900 with no autopilot and the sim was tricking as hell. If you cannot prep postpone your interview. I interviewd last january and got turned down. I nailed the sim but for some reason didn't get the job. Anyhow it took me 1 year and 3 months to get another interview. If you want to chance it go ahead but if you fail it's gonna be a longgggg wait. I'm still waiting to hear if I got it this time. Good luck

I agree with FLB717.... If you want the job, GET THE SIM PREP!!!!!!!! You will not pass the sim ride without it. They give you a pretty in depth takeoff profile to do, and without having flown it prior to the interview you will be hard pressed to memorize it in the little time you have before the actual sim. I would even spend the extra couple hondos and go with the entire interview prep as well. After all, it's only your career on the line the day of the interview right??

"Anyhow it took me 1 year and 3 months to get another interview. If you want to chance it go ahead but if you fail it's gonna be a longgggg wait. I'm still waiting to hear if I got it this time. Good luck"

If you don't have any PIC 121 time the wait for your second interview is even longer.

Good luck.

Latest resources

Back